Who Are You, Handsome?

En başından başla

Baili Qingmiao's group didn't even enter the main hall, directly being taken to the crater.

No one dared to criticize the Violet Spirit Pavilion. After all, the Pavilion had been secluded with no contact with the rest of the cultivation world for years, and they were here to beg their favor. It was already great that they were allowed up to the crater.

Hearing that it had been dormant for three thousand years and was completely safe, Baili Qingmiao's group approached it confidently. Zhongli Qian, Qingxue, and Su Huai didn't discover anything out of the ordinary, but when Baili Qingmiao stuck her head over the edge, a streak of flame shot toward the sky, aimed right at her face.

She pulled back with a cry of shock and barely managed to avoid the fire. The black cloth around her eye had been burned off, though, and fell into the crater.

"Shimei, are you okay?" Hè Wenzhao shook off Liu Xinye and charged over to see whether or not Baili Qingmiao's face had been burned.

Baili Qingmiao opened her eyes and saw her shixiong's concerned face in her right eye, but before she could feel touched, Zhongli Qian's giant face was plastered in her left eye. Looking at Zhongli Qian with one eye and Hè Wenzhao with the other, she nearly went cross-eyed.

She shoved Hè Wenzhao off and closed her eyes, turning her head away. "Give me a blindfold."

Su Huai handed her a black cloth. After she tied it around her eye, Baili Qingmiao finally let out a breath. Now she could see Hè Wenzhao's hurt expression properly. Wanting to explain, she took a step forward, but Liu Xinye came over to help Hè Wenzhao off the ground, shooting Baili Qingmiao a glare.

Baili Qingmiao retreated her step, thinking that this was for the best.

"After all this time, the volcano has finally reacted!" Yao Wendan said, ignoring the atmosphere. "Shimei, what did you do just now to get it to erupt? It was so precise too, just aimed at one area."

"I didn't do anything..." Baili Qingmiao was also confused. She had only stuck her head over slightly, and flames had spewed out. Yet after she backed away, the flames vanished.

It was like it was targeting Baili Qingmiao, Zhongli Qian thought, standing at one side.

After being with Baili Qingmiao for thirty years, he had gotten the sense that legendary treasures were plentiful around her. He had managed to reach Mahayana after only thirty years, not only because of learning Wordless Child and awakening to the path of teaching, but also thanks to the treasures he kept running into which could increase his spiritual essence.

He suddenly remembered Wenren È. Baili Qingmiao had told him that she'd twice met Wenren È when he told her that a certain item was fated to her, and wanted her help in retrieving it.

Had Wenren È long since discovered Baili Qingmiao's quirk? Zhongli Qian frowned, deep in thought.

While everyone discussed how they should awaken the volcano, a scent drifted past on the wind.

"This incense... I smelled it back when we met the Pavilion Master," Yao Wendan said. "Is the Pavilion Master here to check on the activity at the crater?"

As he spoke, several purple-robed women flew towards them, a few of them carrying a radiant carriage. A curtain shrouded the person inside from sight.

Approaching the crater, they landed on it, and the four servant girls set down the carriage. The leading disciple said, "Who was it who made the volcano react?"

The crowd backed away, leaving behind Baili Qingmiao. A deep voice came from inside the carriage, "Indeed it was you."

Baili Qingmiao cocked her head, then cupped her fist respectfully. "This one is Baili Qingmiao. Is the Pavilion Master implying that we have met before?"