Baili Qingmiao could probably only have what she wanted in her dreams.

"In any case, the Shattered Mountain Meteorite is undoubtedly real, and the Seven-Colored Lotus Heart will also certainly be able to heal Hè Wenzhao. Who knows if Baili Qingmiao will have the chance to use it, though?" Wenren È said.

Even though Qiu Congxue was now a wandering immortal, she could still return to Xuanyuan Sect after stealing a few of Shangqing Sect's secret techniques. With Qiu Congxue's intellect, she wouldn't have any impact on Shangqing Sect even if she stayed, let alone become a mole for the Xuanyuan Sect. Wenren È had no ambitions to unify the entire cultivation world either, so logically he should've brought Qiu Congxue back.

The reason he'd let her return to Shangqing Sect was that he was curious what kind of changes she would wrought if she stayed by the protagonist's side.

Wenren È was also quite amused by the way Qiu Congxue went about things. What other cultivator would say something like "Obviously a magic elixir ought to be used on me, who would save a piece of garbage like you?" to Hè Wenzhao?

After Baili Qingmiao had fainted, Qiu Congxue was so concerned she wanted to retrieve her soul immediately, which meant she really was attached to her disciple, even wanting her to become the heir to her ghost cultivation techniques. With such a "considerate" master by the protagonist's side, Wenren È was really looking forward to seeing how the story would diverge.

For now, though, he had a more important thing than the story to focus on, namely, forging Yin Hanjiang's sword.

With a bonded weapon, a cultivator could access the weapon's wisdom, and their understanding of the Dao would grow deeper. Wenren È hoped that after Yin Hanjiang got his new sword, he could let go of his obsessions and make actual plans toward his future. That way, if Wenren È truly died someday as he had in the book, Yin Hanjiang would be able to act rationally, and wouldn't become what he had.

The Chiming blade had its own awareness and sensed that Wenren È was going to refine it. It tried to escape as it was drawn from its sheath, but it was trapped by a cloud of blood mist.

"Venerable!" Yin Hanjiang cried, not thinking that Wenren È would sever one of his own arms. The blood mist that made up that arm snatched the meteoric iron from Yin Hanjiang, and began forcing it to combine with the Chiming blade.

"In order to craft a legendary weapon from these fires, human blood and souls must be sacrificed," Wenren È said calmly. "Demonic cultivators would usually kidnap a Nascent Soul or above cultivator for their crafts, sealing the soul inside the weapon in order to make an artifact of unparalleled power."

Righteous cultivators would of course not sacrifice their fellows in order to make weapons, but would capture spiritual beasts.

Spiritual beasts were naturally endowed with spiritual power from the heavens, such as qilin and other beasts of myth. Righteous cultivators would take their inner cores, from which they could refine near-immortal weapons.

Although there were still some near-death cultivators who would offer themselves to be forged into weapons, in order to gain a new lease on life.

Wenren È wouldn't be using any of those methods. Whether a Nascent Soul or a beast core, in the end it was all just spiritual energy, refined into very dense and pure essence through cultivation. Unlike other cultivators, Wenren È's body and soul were one, and he no longer had a Nascent Soul either. His whole body was filled with very highly refined and pure spiritual essence. A single arm of a Mahayana cultivator was more than sufficient to make up for the entirety of a Body Unity cultivator's power.

Yin Hanjiang wanted to stop Wenren È, but he was held back with a ribbon of blood. He could break through without much trouble, but since it was formed from Wenren È's other arm, he would just be hurting his Venerable more if he struggled.