The situation was really a mess. It was Wenren È who had acted, but it wasn't his own flesh he cut off, and Qiu Congxue hadn't been willing either. Neither of them had had any sincerity, and neither felt they deserved Baili Qingmiao's thanks.

Wenren È spoke to Baili Qingmiao, who was hugging Qiu Congxue. "Don't relax too early. I was just experimenting a little. In order to find the spiritual realm's entrance, I'm afraid you'll have to sustain more injuries."

After saying that, he took Baili Qingmiao's Moonlit Frost Silk, and after tying it around her waist, knocked her out again with a blow to the back of her neck.

Using the Moonlit Frost Silk as a fishing line, he dangled Baili Qingmiao's limp body over the edge of the cliff.

This time, Wenren È dared to veer off the book's path and do something different. After treating Baili Qingmiao's injury, he let the entrance vanish, then knocked her out again and let her dangle by the cliff face.

It was completely different from the book's events, yet the spiritual realm once again materialized.

Even Yin Hanjiang, who rarely thought on his own, asked in confusion, "Venerable, what is going on?"

A spiritual realm ought to be an opportunity one encountered once in a thousand years, and it was already incredible for them to witness one opening. How could it be that after Wenren È passed it up, it now opened again?

"Let's talk after we're in." Wenren È didn't explain, instead wrapping the silk ribbon in his hands around himself and Yin Hanjiang, and jumping in after Baili Qingmiao.

Qiu Congxue wasn't about to be left behind and, disregarding her missing arm, jumped down the cliff. However, after the spiritual realm sucked in the other three, it paid her no mind and abruptly vanished. Qiu Congxue's spiritual powers were suppressed, leaving her unable to fly, and, failing to grab onto a vine in time, she fell into the sea with a plop.

Inside the spiritual realm, Wenren È tied the unconscious Baili Qingmiao into a bundle which he slung over his shoulder. He looked at the entrance now closed behind them and said, "As I expected, Qiu Congxue wasn't able to enter."

"She was right behind us, but the entrance completely passed her over," Yin Hanjiang said, mystified.

"The spiritual realm only wanted to accept one person, Baili Qingmiao," Wenren È said, indicating the bundle on his back. "If we weren't tied to her bonded weapon, we wouldn't have been able to enter either."

In the book, Wenren È had been clutching Baili Qingmiao in his arms, so they couldn't have been separated. This time, Wenren È purposefully left behind Qiu Congxue to test if the spiritual realm had indeed been targeting Baili Qingmiao.

It seemed all the treasures of the world were attracted to the protagonist. Maybe they favored her as a primordial goddess, or maybe they wanted to absorb her power.

This spiritual realm was part of a palace in the immortal realm. The only areas open to them were a hall shrouded in immortal essence and a scenic courtyard outside. Beyond the courtyard was a wall of white mist and a powerful array that prevented them from leaving.

A crimson bird with one leg dozed in the courtyard, perched on a tree covered with scarlet fruits. In a small stream below, an azure carp swallowed fallen fruits from time to time, its tail splashing happily. On a rock formation by the stream sat a yellow turtle, and a white cat came over, flipped the turtle over, and started sharpening its claws on its shell.

The two watched this scene from a window overlooking the courtyard, not willing to carelessly leave the room. Yin Hanjiang considered the animals for a while, then asked hesitantly, "The Azure Dragon, White Tiger, Black Tortoise, and Vermillion Bird are the four sacred beasts. Though they reside in the immortal realm, they are the guardians of the four directions and should be protecting the heavenly pillars. Why would they all appear in this small courtyard?"

Wenren È brought out Abusive Romance and flipped through it. "The stranger part is that this doesn't fit the book's description of the spiritual realm."

What they should've entered was a pitch black cavern, guarded by many monsters and beasts. Baili Qingmiao had still been bleeding from the bite the blood bat had given her, and the scent drew many of the beasts forward. Protecting the female lead, Wenren È risked his life in order to slay them. The two of them stumbled through the darkness and finally came across the Shattered Mountain Meteorite.

The meteorite glowed with light, preventing them from approaching. Only after Wenren È used the killing intent of the Seven Killing Halberd to suppress it could he claim it. Afterward, Baili Qingmiao found detoxifying herbs to put on her bite. The moment the bleeding stopped, the exit appeared, and Wenren È carried her through.

After reading through the section again, Wenren È said, "There are two divergences. One, Baili Qingmiao is currently unconscious, and two, she isn't injured or poisoned."

These two different conditions led to entirely different spiritual realms.

"Is this place the same location as the book, just in a different form, or a completely different location?" Yin Hanjiang wondered. From a table in the hall, he picked up a small metal box.

Wenren È smiled and took it from him. "The Shattered Mountain Meteorite."

The Shattered Mountain Meteorite that he originally faced a thousand dangers to reach was now sitting peacefully on a table for anyone to take.

He had already left the unconscious Baili Qingmiao on a bed. Wenren È glanced at her, wondering if their surroundings would change when she woke up.

When she was bitten by the blood bats earlier, Wenren È hadn't noticed anything strange about her blood, but that didn't mean nothing else could've. He used his spiritual energy to make a cut on her arm. Her blood flowed freely, yet nothing changed about their surroundings.

After some consideration, Wenren È waved a hand and dissipated the blood qi that he had left inside her body. Baili Qingmiao immediately woke up, rubbing her eyes, and cried out in shock. "Where am I? Why is it so dark?"

In the instant her eyes opened, the spiritual realm had transformed into a pitch-black cavern.