A Thoughtful Subordinate

Magsimula sa umpisa

It indeed seemed reality was not set in stone. The world he lived in might appear to be a novel, but it did truly have its own existence. Each and every character, through their own thoughts and actions, could change the thoughts and actions of those in a higher plane. After Wenren È obtained Abusive Romance and started changing the plot, the author in a higher plane had probably decided to start revising the story out of the blue one day, inspiration flooding through their mind, and rewrote the first half to match the developments up to now.

The author would think it was their own ideas, but in actuality it was different worlds influencing each other.

After thinking this through, Wenren È could affirm his belief that, as long as the people in this world acted in rational and befitting ways, the story, which was to say, fate, could be changed.

He found the exact location of Baili Qingmiao's seclusion in the book and after putting it away, hurried to Qingxue's cultivation grounds.

Though they couldn't fly within the bounds of the sect, they could ride flying boats to get from place to place, so Wenren È drove one to Frost Peak. Shangqing Sect greatly respected Elder Qingxue and gave her this entire mountain as a cultivation ground.

She was being treated pretty good. Wenren È's expression darkened.

After arriving at Frost Peak, Wenren È disembarked and was immediately stopped by a barrier. Qingxue's array prevented people from entering or even seeing inside.

A mere array was no obstacle to Wenren È. Even if he couldn't unleash the blood arts within Shangqing Sect's territory, he was highly skilled in arrays. He quickly found a weak spot and used Liu Xinye's power to open an entrance barely big enough for one person, then strode in.

A moment after, the opening automatically sealed behind him.

"Who dares?" A tall woman in the robes of Shangqing Sect appeared in the air, glaring down at Wenren È.

"Indeed it's you," Wenren È said lightly, seeing her familiar face.

While reading the book, it was not hard at all for him to guess that Elder Qingxue was actually Qiu Congxue.

"Who are you?" Qiu Congxue drifted down, continuing to look down at "Liu Xinye" from her full height.

"Liu Xinye" stood with an aura of unruffled calm, hands behind her back, and said with a dignified air, "Altar Master Qiu of Xuanyuan Sect, if you wish to infiltrate the righteous sects, shouldn't you at least remember the faces and names of each disciple in your sect first?"

Qiu Congxue was at the very least an expert of the demonic sects. Even if she didn't have much intellect, she was very experienced. After scrutinizing Liu Xinye for a moment, she said, "You must be a demonic cultivator, using the Soul Puppeting technique or some other secret art to take over this disciple."

Wenren È didn't really have anything to discuss with this subordinate of his and after exposing her identity, continued with, "Whatever you plan to do at Shangqing Sect is of no matter to this Venerable. This Venerable only cares that you not do anything to Baili Qingmiao, as I have plans for her."

"This Venerable? Wenren È!" Qiu Congxue exclaimed in shock. She initially backed up several steps out of caution, then stood her ground and said, "This is the Shangqing Sect's territory, protected by an immortal artifact. Even you would be suppressed by its power! Since you borrowed this disciple's body to infiltrate, you'll be unable to exert your full strength. If I kill off this disciple and activate the sect's array against you, you're sure to sustain a heavy blow!"

After speaking, she struck without hesitation at Liu Xinye's chest, showing no regard for the disciple's life.

Wenren È smiled lightly. The Xuanyuan Sect was still as he knew it, a group of cold-hearted snakes who would betray anyone for their own ambitions.