Severing Blood and Engraving Soul

Începe de la început

Baili Qingmiao was sobbing so hard she couldn't speak. She had just obtained the Flesh Mushroom, but used it on a stranger instead of her shixiong.

She asked her elders for a way to save Hè Wenzhao, and set out alone toward the Golden Coast Cliffs. Along the way, she "bumped into" Wenren È, who had been watching her all that time, and now accompanied her on her journey.

This time, the one saving Wenren È was Yin Hanjiang, who didn't know where the Flesh Mushroom grew. The Venerable was unconscious, so all he could do was bring him to the small mountain valley where he'd begun cultivating.

This was the small sect that Wenren È had led once, which he brought Yin Hanjiang to after picking him up. After Wenren È unified the demonic sects, he secretly gave this place to Yin Hanjiang and set up wards around it. It belonged to Yin Hanjiang alone and no one else knew of it.

While Wenren È was in battle, Yin Hanjiang had noticed how Altar Master Ruan had dropped his title. The demonic sects were rife with ambition, and from the Protectors and Altar Masters to the common cultivators, each and every one would kick you while you were down. If Yin Hanjiang brought a heavily injured Wenren È back to Xuanyuan Sect, Shu Yanyan would probably be the first in line to kill him.

When the Venerable was at his full power, the Xuanyuan Sect all stood behind him, but when he was weak, Xuanyuan Sect was as a den of cannibals.

Since Yin Hanjiang didn't dare bring Wenren È to Xuanyuan Sect, he only had two options. First, the small border town where he had grown up, and second, the place the Venerable had taken him to train when young.

Holding Wenren È, he dove through the waterfall he once cultivated in front of into the small cave behind it, rich in spiritual energy and well suited for recovery.

The Venerable was seriously injured. Yin Hanjiang seated him cross-legged and took out all the medicine in his storage belt, picking out some milder ones that could replenish spiritual essence and shoving them in Wenren È's mouth.

Wenren È had no spiritual energy and was unable to swallow the pills. Yin Hanjiang hesitated for several moments, then after saying, "Excuse my rudeness," pried open Wenren È's mouth, and, with an inch of distance between them, exhaled a mouthful of spiritual energy into Wenren È.

He acted with extreme care, terrified of touching his Venerable's pale lips with his own.

After Wenren È had taken the medicine, Yin Hanjiang also poured the remaining dregs of his spiritual essence into him and cycled it through his body once. After feeling his Venerable's essence begin circulating on its own and absorbing the medicine, he breathed a sigh of relief.

After relaxing, Yin Hanjiang found himself wobbling on his feet. He coughed up a mouthful of blood and collapsed at Wenren È's feet.

The old Sect Master of Xuanyuan Sect had been at the peak of Mahayana, but while using the Burning Sky Drum, he had been trapped by its illusions and suffered qi deviation. Yin Hanjiang was barely in Void Boundary stage. After forcibly activating the Burning Sky Drum and suffering the backlash of its violent energy, his internal organs had been heavily damaged. Singlemindedly desiring to save Wenren È, he hadn't even noticed his own state or felt the pain. Only after he revived Wenren È did Yin Hanjiang notice that he was on his last legs.

Waking up after absorbing the medicine, Wenren È found himself in a dark and damp cave, with a black-clothed man lying at his feet, face pressed against the cold stone. Turning him over, he found green lichen smeared on his face, making him look like the victim of some horror from a folk ghost story.

When Wenren È tried to channel energy, pain shot through his dantian like it was tearing apart. He took off his black robe and saw that his body was covered with wounds from swords, knives, whips, staves, seemingly every kind of wound that could be made by eighteen different magic weapons.