Yin Hanjiang was afraid the Venerable would notice him, so acted like an ordinary commoner and hid in the border town, waiting for Wenren È to return triumphantly with his troops.

What was the Path of Slaughter? Yin Hanjiang watched those smiling soldiers return after their victory and began to understand.

The Path of Slaughter could be to act as the blade that slaughtered the masses, or the sword that protected the people. Killing to stop death, fighting to stop war, was Wenren È's path.

Yin Hanjiang offered up the sword with both hands. "While this subordinate was hiding and watching the Venerable's return, there was only one wish in my heart, to be the Venerable's vanguard."

He carefully held the sword in his lap, hand resting on the rust-stained steel, as if he was telling him with every action that Yin Hanjiang was willing to be Wenren È's sword.

Wenren È never realized that something like that had happened a hundred years ago. He had to strengthen his mental state in the midst of countless battles, so in order to temper his mind, he would often seal his powers and go to the mortal world, starting from a foot soldier and rising through the ranks all the way to a general leading forces into battle.

When cold blades sliced across his face, when his fellows' blood splashed across his cheeks, life and death was the most clear-cut truth.

The most difficult part of the Path of Slaughter was how to remain clear-headed in the midst of death, to not blame oneself for it, and to not go mad from it.

After innumerable battles, the Seven Killing Halberd was forged on the battlefield. Wenren È thought it would be an evil weapon that consumed souls, but didn't expect that what the most savage grounds on Earth would give rise to was a weapon made to protect.

When Wenren È entered this path, he had suffered immense trauma and wanted to gain power by taking lives, thinking to ascend to divinity by stepping on innumerable corpses and becoming a heartless demon. But in that battle that Yin Hanjiang had witnessed, the one where the Seven Killing Halberd had finally taken form, Wenren È had to acknowledge something—since his youth, he had never changed.

The Supreme Elder of Violet Spirit Pavilion hadn't understood how Wenren È could have power surpassing the Mahayana stage, sufficient to subdue a wandering immortal. She only knew to hide from tribulations and seclude herself for eight hundred years, so how could she understand that the Seven Killing Halberd upheld not just the power of one demonic cultivator, but the wishes of the common people in the three hundred years of war Wenren È had participated in?

When the Seven Killing Halberd was forged, the General Star shone, and the Army Crushing Star along with it.

Wenren È's moment of enlightenment was also the moment Yin Hanjiang had entered the Dao.

"So that was it."

Wenren È beckoned with a finger, and the vicious demonic sword that Yin Hanjiang wielded landed obediently in his palm. If gods exist, demons must exist. Wenren È had obtained this demonic sword at the Blood Hell. It was a weapon that had collected the murderous energy of a hundred thousand evil spirits, its power surpassing the first-grade magic items of the cultivation world.

Magic items were split into the three stages of magic treasure, spiritual treasure, and magic artifact, and each stage was split into upper, middle, and lower grade. Also above magic artifacts were immortal artifacts, which didn't originate in the cultivation world. Only a few large sects had immortal artifacts to guard their locations. Demonic artifacts were equivalent to immortal artifacts. When Yin Hanjiang fused with the demonic sword, he could unleash power far beyond his own realm, but it also harmed his soul.