4 - first day

I sit at my vanity, putting my eyeshadow on

I sit at my vanity, putting my eyeshadow on. I cant stop thinking about Steve. I study my hickies in the mirror, more then i thought he had put. I tried to cover them with foundation but it barely worked, mom doesn't particularly care about me anyways. Only her dusty-bun. I stand and smooth the uniform down in the mirror.

I grab necklaces trying to liven the outfit up and put on rings and bracelets to at least look okay. I hate wearing bland outfits, it should be against the law. I look at myself and let out a breath of air, that's at least okay. I grab my backpack and keys, hopping our the door and saying w yuck goodbye to a still half asleep Dustin and to a very awake and caffeinated mother.

I go to my car and start it.

It doesn't start.

You're fucking kidding.

"Fuck!" I throw my shit to the passenger seat and try a couple more times. "Fuck! Shit!" I hit the steering wheel angrily and drop my keys into my bag, grab it, exit my car, and sling it over my shoulder while marching over to the side gate. I grab my skateboard and whizz past my neighbors.

Finally, I make it to work and dock my skateboard, quickly picking it up before walking in. "You're late." Robin said from where she was restocking tapes.

Out of breath, I reply, "My car..." I wheeze, "It didn't start!" I hold up my skateboard for her to see, "So I grabbed-" Oh god i'm out of shape. "This!"

She laughs, "I'm joking, i'm always late. It's not like any one's coming in at 9 am to rent a movie anyways." She stands wiping her hands on her slacks before speaking again, "Let's put your board and bag in the break room, Steve's in there. I have to get to school soon so it will be just you two till it ends."

Fuck. "Okay!" Shit, why do I have to make this awkward? Maybe because he saw both of my tits last night and i let him. We were just high.

Just.

High.

She opens the door to the break room, a table and a couple chairs sit in the room along with a small fridge to hold peoples lunch, who eats lunch at work?- "Oh." Steve says from the chair he sits up a little in his chair, looking at me. "Uh, hey."

"Hey yourself." I reply and set my skateboard down on its side by the door and my bag on the table. I'm now standing next to Steve and I feel Robins eyes on us. "Who do i apologize to now that i'm late."

He smirks, "Me."

I narrow my eyes at him, "As if, no." I cross my arms together looking down at Steve as he manspreads in his chair.

"Guess you'll be fired on your first day." He says with fake sincerity. "I mean I don't know what to tell you Juliette, just because you're Hendersons sister doesn't give you a free pass."

I purse my lips, "Fine, Steve." I clear my throat. "I apologize for being late." He nods his head as if he debating to fire me or not and I roll my eyes.