"I just don't understand how you could be friends with him and know what he did to me." he shrugs and I just stare at him dumbfounded. "Are you serious right now?" I ask and stand up. "Where are you going?"

"To get food." I say and walk away.

I walk up to the concession stand and sit in line on my phone. "Hey, what can I get you?" the short purpled hair girl said. "Uhh, can I get a hotdog and a dr pepper?" I smile as she nods. She was cute, her hair was a dark purple color and her eyes were green. Her skin was pale with gorgeous freckles, she had a few piercings too. She walks away from the counter and grabs my items. Before I pull out my wallet, a muscular arm reaches out and hands her a 5 dollar bill. I turn to see Grayson. "Grayson? Aren't you in the middle of the game?" I say, shocked.

"Yea, I had to get some water" he chuckles and grabs my food and drink. "Thank you for coming, Sunshine." Grayson smiled at me before his eyes directed to something behind me. I raised an eyebrow and turned to see Bryson walking towards us.

Shit.

Grayson looks down at me almost immediately "Paisley, I need to ask you something." he says urgently, my eyebrow raised. "What is it?"

"Whatever you need to ask you can ask in front of the both of us." Bryson smiles and places his arm around my shoulder. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at him. Grayson looked at me in disbelief and walked away. I pulled away from Bryson. "Before this goes any further," I begin

"We are not dating." I growl and his eyes widen. Before he even got a word in, I walked away. I'm good at that, walking away. I met back with Kenyia to watch the rest of the game. We won, like usual. Me and Jamie met up after the game and went back home. "Did you see Graysons homer! He's actually amazing." Jamie gleams as I put my keys into the car. I chuckle as I peel away from the crowded parking lot. As Im trying not to hit people, I see Grayson and Bryson. They look like they're arguing but honestly you can't tell. "Paisley! Watch out!" Jamie yells as I slam on the breaks. I almost just ran over someone walking across the street. "Sorry," I mumbled as Jamie realized who I was looking at. He frowned.

"Paisley, Bryson is not a good person." He says as I made my way to the exit of the school. "What do you mean?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, Bryson has slept with two of Graysons girlfriends and cheated on his own." He sighed and put his fingers through his curly hair. "But Bryson said that Grayson slept with his girlfriend?" I say while frowning. Jamie's jaw drops slightly as he scratches the back of his head.

The rest of the car ride was silent. When I pulled into the driveway, Jamie didn't move. "You should talk to Gray." He shrugs and gets out of the car quickly. I fall back into my seat and place my hands over my face. This wasn't supposed to happen! He's just supposed to be my partner in Biology, that's it.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

The week went by so extremely slow. Grayson hasn't showed up for three days, so I had to present the project by myself. I can't say that I'm not worried about him, because I am. It's not like him to miss more than two days of school.

After school today, me and Kenyia went dress shopping for prom thats next friday.

"What about this one?" Kenyia asks as she held up a maroon dress to her body. It was gorgeous, it was off the shoulders and glittery. Honestly, it would look amazing on her skin tone. "Yes! You should try it on." I say, smiling. She nods and walks into the dressing room. My eyes wonder around the store and meet a dark blue long dress. The back was strapped with a criss-cross action going on. Honestly, beautiful. It's simple though. But then again, I am too. I walk over to the dress and pick it off the hanger. "Paisley." Kenyia says as she walks out in the gorgeous maroon dress. My jaw drops.

"You look amazing, Kens." I breathed and Kenyia spun in the dress. She looked at the dress in my hand. "Graysons gonna die when he sees you. You're going with him, right?" she asks and I frown. I haven't talked to or about Grayson since the game. "No. I'm going with Bryson." I say and Kenyia makes a over dramatic sad face. We both laugh as she walks back into the dressing room to put her clothes back on. I walk up to the register to buy the blue dress. "634.77" the cashier says and my eyes widen. For this dress? I pulled out my card and handed it to the lady.

That's gonna leave a dent in my college funds.

She hands me my card back and puts the dress into one of those dry cleaners bags. I muttered a small thank you, and waited for Kenyia to finish paying for hers. She meets up with me "That place was so expensive, for literally no reason." she sighs and rubs her eyes. We walk around the mall for a little while longer, then we decided that it was getting late.  I dropped Kenyia off at her house "Bye Kens."

"Bye Paisley." She smiles, grabs her bags and leaves. As soon as she gets inside I speed out of her street and into mine. When I walk in, I see mom and dad sitting at the table. Dad face was damp and mom looked blank. "Hey sweetie," dad smiles as he wipes his face. Mom doesn't even bare to look at me. "What's wrong?" I ask and dad looks down at the table. "Go get your brother."

Jamie came downstairs and me and him sat at the end of the table away from them. I looked at Jamie nervously and he frowned back.

"We're getting a divorce." my father says

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

Dont forget to vote 🤭

word count: 1628