Chapter 37 : Answers

Start from the beginning

"W-well I just thought that since we couldn't hang out, you would feel lonely.... And these last few days, we are not getting much time to spend together. So...."

She barely whispered out the words while hiding her face in his pillows as Kiyotaka looked at her with a slightly different gaze than usual.

"I see. You are certainly right about that. I was feeling a little lonely, so I do appreciate your presence Horikita."

"You do?"

Her head perked up from his pillows as he noticed her ears were slightly red.

"Yes I do. So mind sharing your so-called hellish experience with the girls?"

"Hah....."

With a sigh, she started kicking her legs back and forth in frustration.

"If it weren't for Matsushita-san and Satou-san, I would've gone insane

I wanted to really slap Shinohara-san yet again but I somehow controlled myself.

Karuizawa-san was so obnoxious and bossy, it was nearly making me puke in annoyance. And, want to know something even more frustrating? Her bossy act felt really fake for some reason."

Kiyotaka's ears immediately perked up at this revelation as he looked at the lying figure of his black haired 'friend' with a serious gaze.

"What do you mean by fake? Explain."

"Judging by the way you speak and act with Kushida-san, I guess you already figured out her other side, correct?"

'Horikita herself talking about Kushida? How fascinating. This is too good of a chance to miss. I will be getting some answers by tonight.'

"Yes, I already figured it out one night when I found her cursing all of us to death. It was quite entertaining, I must say."

Hearing his words, Horikita let out a dry chuckle while twirling her braids.

"Karuizawa-san in my opinion was kind of like the opposite of Kushida-san. Sometimes I felt like she was just purposefully being a 'bitch'. Please pardon my crude language."

"I see. That's certainly weird. Can you give me some examples?"

"Umm, she was trying to take the lead in any conversation that was taking place, and when she wasn't getting any importance, she was kind of lashing out, like grumbling to herself, groaning in annoyance and blabbering out various harsh words.

Both her and Shinohara-san were not happy with my presence and they didn't even attempt to hide their distaste, as they tried to bully me."

"How pitiful. I would've loved seeing their faces filled with despair when they realised their mistake of bullying the one and only Horikita Suzune."

"Yes. Which brings me to my next point. As soon as I glared at Karuizawa in annoyance, it was as if all her bravado disappeared as she meekly looked away from me. After that she ignored me and didn't even meet my eyes. It was like she was an entirely different person."