Nightmares

Kym was awakened by the sound of hushed voices and little feet. "We'll just sneak in the bed. They'll never know," she heard a voice say.

"How are we to sneak in the bed if we can barely climb in it?" asked another voice.

"Um... um... I don't know"

"You ask your mother," Kym said staring at her children.

She hoisted Daniella and Amalia on the bed in between her and Robert .

"What's going on?" mumbled Robert as he turned over.

"I don't know. What happened?" asked Kym with a curious look on her face.

"There's a monster in my room," whispered Daniella.

"There isn't," replied Kym.

"There is," she insisted.

"Robert," said Kym.

"Hm?" replied Robert.

"You're daughter is afraid of a monster"

"She should be... if she is a bad little girl, it'll come a eat her in the middle of the night," said Robert turning to face his daughter with a smile.

"Robert!" Kym said lightly smacking Robert's arm,"Don't scare them even more, don't worry sweetie there is nothing in your room, but  what I don't understand is why are you here?" asked Kym turning on Amalia.

"Daniella told me that the Monsters would come after me as a substitute if they realized she wasn't in her room so I had to come with her," explained Amalia.

"Well, you can go back to your own room," said Kym smiling at her daughter.

"I'll just stay" said Amalia, and with that she flopped over to bury herself under the covers.

"If Amalia's staying, I'm staying," declared Daniella as she buried herself under the blankets as well.

Kym let out an exasperated sigh. They were only toddlers, At least they were having nightmares about tests yet. Kym turned off the light and lay down to go back to sleep. "It's okay, Amalia. We're safe here," she heard Daniella say to her sister. Kym felt Robert's arm reach around their babies and grasp her waist.

"I love you Kym" Robert said.

"I love you to" Kym said grasping Robert's hand.

"Eww" Amalia said giggling along with her sister.

This is just a short little one shot I wrote when I was supposed to be practicing my 5's but Oh well