Chapter 31: Latex of a Cruel World

[Scott's Pov]

I felt the ground shake followed by a loud noise coming from my left. I turned to look behind me, and I noticed a gigantic red latex worm creature slumped on the floor. I see a familiar figure standing by the gigantic worm. Approaching closer, I noticed it being Prima. I ran forward towards the Primagen, and I wrapped my arms around him. The Primagen falls on his knee as I pull him closer to me. I feel the Primagen melt on my grip, and I looked down at Prima. "What's wrong, Prima?" I asked, and the Primagen gave me a cough.

"I saved you temporarily from the beast that has been controlling you this entire time. My apologies if I have dealt a considerable amount of damage towards you and your body. You know, I took off my bio bot just to save you. I have to admit, you are quick. You move so fast that I had to make an adjustment just to put you down and free you from the tyrant." The Primagen chuckled and he stood up on his two foot paws. A red latex beast slowly raise up from the red latex floor underneath me, and Prima used the red latex to lean on to balance himself.

"You took off your bio bot?! But why?! I just told you to save the others from me, not save me in return for your life." The Primagen coughed again, and he gave me a warm smile. "Sorry, kid. It can't be helped saving you. You likely would have died from the Malware once its finished with you. They treated me as a failure, and would have been likewise to you. Just accept my gratitude of returning the favor of your sacrifice to save me. This time, its my turn to save you."

"What will happen to you now?" I asked as I feel my tears well up on my eyes. I can't help but sniffle while I look at the hurt and melting Primagen. "I will melt into a puddle like the others, and the red latex will return to being a white latex. I must not waste my remaining time left. Scott, you won't be able to wake up yet. I will inform the others about the procedure to fully separate the Malware from you. Promise me to wait for my return, alright?"

[Prima's Pov]

I awoken from my slumber, and I noticed Scott resting on a nearby Blue Apple tree. His cracked visor is opened, and a steady constant flow of sap drip down from one of the branches and into his opened muzzle. Puddle of Red Latex can be seen form on the grass floor of the garden, and I feel myself slowly melt on the grass beneath me. "Nothing personal... kid." I chuckle at myself and I coughed. "Thank you, Scott... Thank you for making me..." As I was resting on my death bed, trying to conserve my remaining power and will to live, three familiar figure approached me. All of them hopped across the window one at a time.

The white wolf and the wolf with a gas mask approached me first, and the black wolf approached the unconscious Scott resting by the Blue Apple tree. I recognize the two in front of me being Colin and Doctor K. "Are you alright pal? You're not looking too good." The Doctor asked, and I chuckled in my breath. I coughed, and I gave him a nod. "Don't wake up Scott yet. Follow my instructions, and the beast within him shouldn't bother us any... longer."

Colin and Doctor K gave me a nod, and Colin stood up and went to the direction where Puro went. Colin is presumably warning Puro from waking Scott up. I slowly reached out my melting right paw towards Doctor K, and he held my melting paw. "Doctor K, use the computer to access Scott's... mainframe and run a diagnostic test on his software. Make sure the computer... isn't connected to any external devices, nor it has... a storage disc inside. Update his OS Firewall so the Malware... can't access him any longer. As for the computer, burnt it down. One more thing..."

I coughed, and I felt the grip on my melting paw tighten. "Take my right paw and put it... somewhere safe like a jar for... further use. Borrow my old visor from the behemoth, and replace it with something... similar. Keep my right paw and the visor for... further use in the future. Please do me a favor and make a clone of me with the... right paw as the flesh, my old visor as the head, and a new bio bot as the bones. Let's have fun someday..."

[Scott's Pov]

I awaken from my deep slumber, the dream of Prima telling me of him about to pass. I looked around and I noticed that I am in the garden. I have my back leaned against a Blue Apple tree, and I noticed Doctor K sitting on an office chair. He is facing towards a modified version of my workshop. The workshop desk is slightly bigger, and a computer sits on the right portion of the table. I slowly stood up from the grass, and Doctor K noticed me. He looked at me and he stood up. Doctor K is smiling at me, and he is holding a jar of red latex inside.

"Hey there, you're finally awake. You've been asleep for five days because of the amount of sap that you have drank from the Blue Apple tree." Five days?! How's that possible? The last time I fell asleep drinking the sap, I was using my custom built machine to filter out the sap. "What happened while I was asleep?" I asked and Doctor K chuckled at me.

"Let's start off with my Prototype. Using the knowledge from the spherical relic I discovered deep within this facility, which is a master server containing knowledge beyond this world, I upgraded Prototype to have a built in water tank to water the plants. Prototype is not fitted with a smarter AI. Colin became interested in nursing as a profession, and he learned the proper basics into aiding every injuries from every possible disaster and nature. Puro decided to help me work on something important, and I can say he became my assistant. He's liking his first job in his life. As for me, I used the knowledge from the spherical master server to enhance your new workshop table. I used it to work on my very first  and second project done on the table, and both of them became successful. I also have something to show you, if you don't mind"

[Prima's Pov]

Am I dead? Is this heaven? I certainly can call this one a heaven. Despite the barren wasted land, and the emptiness of the world even with little nature kicking in, I am standing on the lands of where I should be. The world may have turned, and so many have burned, but I haven't forgotten about something I have told you about, Scott. I am coming back. I stood in front of the tower where I was born, and the doors opened to welcome me once more. You stepped in between the opening, and a surprise hit you upon seeing me alive and well. I unsheathed my red blade, and I held the handle with both of my paws. I stood on my new signature dance as I look on you, the blade facing you.

"Where's your sword, Scott? Let's celebrate our little reunion with a swordfight. Let's dance!"

A/N
Original part publish date: July 3, 2022