Chapter 7:Mamas House

"All right. I think this is it. Five-one-five Larabee, right?" the lorry driver asked them.

"Yes, five-fifteen" Sev told the man,

"All right, 'five-fifteen' sure," the man said with a little chuckle.
He opened up the door, taking El off his lap, and gently put her out of the lorry.

Sev turned to the man"thank you"

"Hey. You apologise to your mama, yeah? Huh? Must be scared half to death? How long has it been? he asked us.

"Long time," El told him, with a large frown on her face.

Sev got out of the lorry, closed the door, grabbed El's hand and held it tightly.

They both started to walk to the house. After a few minutes of walking, they came up to the house.

They stood at the door, staring at it scared to knock, El being the brave one who knocked.

No one answered so El knocked again this time louder.

"Go away! I'm not interested!" A woman shouted from inside the house. El knocked again.

This time someone answered, the woman.

"Look, I don't want your thin mints, all right, kid?" She woman said aggravated.

"Thin, mint" el asked, In a confused tone.

"Or your religious mumbo jumbo. Whatever you're selling, I ain't buying, okay?" She told us, slamming the door in our faces.

Sev made an offending noise, while el stood back and opens the door with her powers.

"I want to see mama."

The tv was on in the background as El and sev walked into the Sitting room, where mama was sitting on a chair.

She was muttering words..' rainbow, tree to the left, four to the right"

El walked forward."Mama?"

"Breath, sunflower. Rainbow. three to the left. Four to the right.

"Mama, can you hear me" Sev questioned.

"Four-fifty. Breathe" Sev just stared at her in confusion, looking back at the woman, who had a look of sympathy upon her features, El let go of Sev's hand walking closer to mama.

"Sunflower. Rainbow" El Nealed
In front of mama, sev does the same.

"Mama? It's us...Jane and Thomas, we're here now"

Mama looked towards us, there was hope that she recognised them.

"Breathe. Sunflower. Rainbow. Four-fifty." She just keeps saying the words over and over again.

El looked back at the woman," what's wrong with mama?"

Sitting down at the table, with the woman we now know as Becky, talking about mama.

"I just need a little help understanding, sweethearts, okay? Can you tell me where you came from? Where you've been all this time? " getting no answer from anyone of them, they just stared at mama.

"A policeman and a woman came looking for you last year. Did they find you?"

"She won't get better, will she?" El asked her.

"They don't think so, no, but she is not in any pain, she's just stuck, they think. Like in a dream. A long dream." She told them sadly.

"A good dream? Sev asked her, noticing El getting teary.

"I hope so"

El sighed, looking over at Sev, "is it the same dream?" he asked her, placing an arm around El's shoulders.

"We don't know, sometimes she says different words. But usually those."

El started to cry softly, sev pulling her closer to him, as bevvy placed a hand over hers.

"She always believed that you two were out there. She always believed that you would come home one day."

"Home?" El asked in confusion.

"Yeah, home."

Becky brought the two up to their room, they works are sharing a room if they lived there.

There was a cot with a teddy and a small toddler bed in the corner.

Walking in they both started to look around, El went to the cot, Sev to the little bed picking up a soft baby's blanket.

"Pretty"

"I can get you real beds, and you can stay either me if you want. How's that sound?" She asked the two, as Sev walked back over to them holding the small blanket.

El nodded, putting the teddy back down,

" I wanna help you two, but to do that, I need you to talk to me, okay? Doesn't have to be now, Doesn't have to be today. But when you are ready. Okay?" Becky asked them, wrapping her arms around herself. Then looking toward the two.

El turned towards her." Okay" she nodded.

Becky then turned towards sev," yeah, okay" he agreed, seeing a light blink in the hall, El and Sev started to walk towards it.

"Oh, yeah, that happens sometimes. Old house, bad wiring..." seeing the light down the hall blinker, Sev and El walked towards it. " Or if you ask my crazy aunt Shirley, it's... haunted?"

Following the blinking lights, they ended up in the kitchen.

"Sweethearts, it's just the wiring"

"No, it's not," Sev told her, walking to mama.

Kneeling in front of her, El told Becky what was happening.
"It's mama"

"Sunflower. Rainbow"

El noticed blood coming from her nose, she sat up and wiped it.

"I don't understand" Becky stuttered.

"She knows we are here" el answered her.

The tv channels started to change until they went static,
"She wants to talk"

Becky got a towel and held it in front of el asking her if she was alright.

Sitting in front of the TV,sev helped El put the towel over her eyes.

"Is it okay, if I stay here"
"Yes"
"And I won't mess it up or anything?" she stuttered
"No"

"Okay, if you talk to terry, will you tell her that I love her very much? And I'm sorry I didn't believe—"

"Stop talking" El interrupted her.
"Okay, sorry"

"Mama!" el shouted, over again, Sev grabbed her hand holding it tightly.

El gasped taking the blindfold off, and looking at mama, Sev let go of her hand so he could hug her instead, Becky joined the hug as well.

"It's alright, you did amazing" Sev reassured her.