Chapter One

"Yeah, don't fall up there, big guy

"Yeah, don't fall up there, big guy."

Nov 1st 2002
Capital West Bank

Eight Hargreeves saw the punch coming seconds before it happened. She grabbed the criminals hand before he could touch her and twisted it behind his back. The man screamed out in pain begging the girl to let go. She was seconds away from kicking the guy in the stomach but before she could she had a vision of a gun shot that was just about to go off in her direction, surely there was more men in the bank than she thought. Quickly she stepped out of the way just in time as the gun shot that was meant for her, mistakenly hit the criminal she was just fighting in the shoulder instead. Number Two then appeared out of the vault where he was fighting the few other criminals robbing the bank.

   "Mind giving me a hand?" Eight asked him gesturing to the man with the gun. Two pulled out one of his knives giving her a smirk.

"Gladly." he flung the knife into the air and at the last second it changed direction stabbing the man in the chest. He grunted as he fell to the floor clutching Twos knife. Eight and Two high-fived each other before getting back to work. As Eight made her way to the rest of her siblings who crowded around a robber standing on the counter, holding a gun pointing at all of them. He was clearly scared not knowing what to do.

"Get back you freaks!" he yelled gripping the gun.

"Hey, be carful up there, buddy." Two said, almost mocking the man.

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt." Three joined in.

"Yeah, don't fall up there, big guy." Eight continued to mock the criminal.

"I said get back!" the guy cocked his gun pointing it at Eight getting ready to shoot. Eight kept her calm exterior knowing that the man wouldn't be shooting the gun at her but her adoptive brother Five, who would teleport away before he got hurt. The perks of being a psychic.

"Or what?" Five blinked onto the counter. The criminal immediately turned to his right pointing the gun at Five and letting out several shots in his direction. Lucky for Five he blinked out of the way just in time appearing to the mans left. The man turned to him trying to pull the trigger of his gun but was replaced by a stapler instead.

"Ooh, that's one badass stapler." Five said sarcastically as the man failed to hurt to the boy. Then Five took the stapler and slammed it into the criminals head knocking him off the counter and leaving a pretty gnarly gash on his forehead.

"Nice one, Five." One commented as we all ran to the vault to get the others.

"Yeah, nice one." the rest of the siblings agreed except Eight who in turn rolled her eyes at everyones remarks.

"Yeah, whatever." she mumbled under her breath, but clearly Five heard it as he turned to her and glared. They had made it to the vault but Five wasn't having it.

"What's your problem Eight?" Eight turned to him giving the boy a death glare.

"What's my problem? What's your problem? You're just-"

"Come on guys, no fighting." One interrupted the twos banter. "Six just has to get the rest of the guys in the vault and then we can go home."

"Do we really have to do this?" Six asked his siblings. Eight knew how much he hated using his powers.

"Come on, Six. There's more guys in the vault." One said. Six looked to Eight begging her to say something to get him out of this. Eights face turned from the glare she had on earlier to a soft encouraging smile.

"It's okay Six, just do this and then we can go home and read together." Eight encouraged. Six gave a small sigh preparing himself for what he had do.

"I didn't sign up for this..." Six then opened the door to the vault where the rest of the robbers were. The rest of the siblings stood there waiting for Six to do his job. Just then you could see the silhouette of eight tentacles torturing and killing the rest of the men as blood splattered on the stain glass windows. Moments later Six came out of the vault covered in blood with a lousy look on his face.

With a shaky breath Six said, "Can we go home now?"

"Of course!" Eight said while grabbing his hand and pulling him along and out of the bank. The seven children all lined up outside as many reporters yelled out questions and took photos of the children.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves the children's adopted father then got out of a car and began to walk in font of the siblings and answer the press' questions. "Our world is changing," he said. "Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy."

The reporters went wild each fighting for a chance to ask a question to the billionaire. "Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves. Channel 9 News. What happened to their parents?"

"They were suitably compensated." Reginald answered.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?" another reporter asked.

"Of course!" Reginald continued, "As I am for the fate of the world."

Eight squeezed Six's hand telling him that it was finally over and it was time to go home.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Authors note:
Hello my beautiful readers! How's it so far? I know the beginning is boring but it will pick up soon.

Anyways qotd: what's your favorite Netflix original? Mines The Umbrella Academy if it wasn't obvious:)