Brilliant Plan, Venerable

Start from the beginning

Just that after reading that book, an odd feeling had grown inside him toward Yin Hanjiang.

Yin Hanjiang had toward him a debt of life, of being raised by him, and of being taught by him. After his death, whether Yin Hanjiang sought vengeance for him or carried out his final wishes, it was all what he naturally ought to do. Even if his body was broken and his bones were shattered for Wenren È, it would be reasonable.

But Yin Hanjiang had to choose such a wretched way to show his devotion. While reading, Wenren È had never taken Yin Hanjiang to be the Ghost Mask, and when the truth was revealed, at the moment the female lead saw the mask in Yin Hanjiang's bundle, it wasn't just Baili Qingmiao who was shocked. Wenren È was also shaken by it.

At one point in the book, one of the female villains got a magic item that could change one's appearance in a way undetectable to others. She took Baili Qingmiao's appearance to trick Hè Wenzhao, but got captured by Yin Hanjiang instead. Without a protagonist's plot armor, she naturally got refined into lamp oil. Yin Hanjiang had taken off the ghost mask and come to Wenren È's cenotaph. Lighting the everburning lamp, he entered the tomb and, clutching Wenren È's black robe covered with dark gold patterns, peacefully closed his eyes.

That sentence sent a chill through Wenren È. It seemed as though the next moment Yin Hanjiang would, while hugging Wenren È's robe, self-destruct his Nascent Soul to kill himself.

However, at that point, the tracking device that Yin Hanjiang had placed on the female lead lit up. He saw that she was still alive and had run into trouble again.

Yin Hanjiang stared at the image of her that was displayed in the air before him, tilting his head slightly, then he rubbed his cheek along Wenren È's robe, folded it, and replaced it neatly in the tomb.

He quietly walked out of the tomb. Without using spiritual energy to protect his hand, he smothered the everburning lamp with his palm. Next, with a sweep of his arm, it shattered against a nearby boulder, shards scattering across the ground, lamp oil slowly spilling into the dirt.

"Hahahahahaha!"

Yin Hanjiang looked at his singed palm and suddenly burst into laughter. As the laughter went on, he placed a hand over his mouth, making painful, muffled noises, as if it was taking all the strength he had to restrain his emotions.

He bowed his head, staying that way until Venus rose in the sky. At the darkest moment before daybreak, Yin Hanjiang lifted his head and placed the ghost mask on his face. From behind the mask came words through gritted teeth. "Bai. Li. Qing. Miao."

This whole section made readers' hairs stand on end. Wenren È, as one of the story's protagonists, felt an indescribable emotion.

He could accept Yin Hanjiang dying for him, but he was unable to understand Yin Hanjiang going mad because of him

To go from perfect calm to extreme mania, what kind of suffering did he go through?

When Yin Hanjiang rubbed his cheek against Wenren È's robe, it was like against his heart. Wenren È, looking up from the book to Yin Hanjiang himself, felt like he was properly seeing this subordinate of his for the first time. He felt like what he had done for Yin Hanjiang wasn't worth such heartfelt repayment, so he ought to treat Yin Hanjiang a little better.

Shu Yanyan wasn't planning to suck Hè Wenzhao into an empty husk this time around and was even going to use her techniques to help him improve in cultivation, so he wouldn't need the Snow Flame. It was a perfect chance to use it for Yin Hanjiang.

Wenren È had been the Xuanyuan Sect Master for many years and had obtained quite a large collection. He dug around in his Qiankun sleeve and gave Baili Qingmiao some materials, pills, and magic items that were suitable for her cultivation stage, and a Flame Feather Cloak to protect her from the cold air of the Ice Plains, so the protagonist didn't freeze to death.