Clint getting a divorce Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I know. I will try my best." Clint says.

-

It's nighttime. Y/N arrive at his apartment with Clint. The apartment is small, only having a small kitchen, a living room, a bathroom but with a bedroom and a spare room. "Honey, I'm home. Wait, I don't have a husband." Y/N jokes.

Clint laughs. "Was your apartment always this small?"

Y/N scoffs, feeling offended. "Not everybody has the salary of an Avenger."

Clint chuckles. "Fine, I nag Fury to give you a raise."

Y/N smiles. "I didn't know being friends with you also means getting a salary raise." After both men remove their jackets, Y/N walks towards the kitchen while Clint begin sitting on the couch. "Beer?"

"Yes please."

"Can or bottle?"

Clint looks at Y/N. "You got canned beer?"

Y/N smiles. He grabs two canned beer and throws one at Clint, who catches it. Clint makes the can open and drinks from it. "Canned is the best." He smiles with satisfaction.

Y/N drinks from his as well. "I know right." Clint and Y/N continue drinking while chatting. Y/N turn on the tv and set up a move, but that is mainly on the background as Y/N and Clint continue talking. "Feeling better?" Y/N asks.

"A lot." Clint smiles.

"Guess all you needed is a guy's night." Y/N smirks.

Clint laughs. "God, how long ago was the last time we had a guy's night?"

"A year." Y/N answers.

Clint smiles. "I missed the times when we met at SHIELD. We had so much fun. We had every week a guy's night we're we go into the city and drink our worries away, playing truth or dare all night long." Clint likes to remember the good times. "Remember when we played truth or dare, and I dared you to eat 10 hamburgers within an hour."

"Yes, I puked after the fourth. That was I remember." Y/N comments playfully. "Remember when I dared you to go skinny dipping in an empty pool."

"And I almost drowned because I was stupidly drunk." Clint adds.

"And afterwards I gave you CPR." Y/N also adds.

Clint laughs. "Yeah, I remember." Clint takes a another sits from his beer. "Want to play another round?" Clint smirks excitedly.

Y/N grins. "Sure thing. Want to go first?"

"Yes." Clint answers. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Y/N smiles.

Clint thinks for a good question. "Why is it, for the longest time I know you, you're still single?"

"Wow, you really want to hit where it hurts." Y/N comments.

Clint laughs entertained. "That is what I do. Now answer."

"Well, for one because I had a crush on someone who probably didn't had a crush on me, and two because all the men I dated weren't the one." Y/N answers.

Clint looks intrigued at Y/N. "You had a crush? On whom?"

"I already answered you're question. Is my turn." Y/N says. Clint sighs disappointedly. "Truth or dare."

"I feel bold. Let's do dare." Clint smiles confidently.

Y/N thinks on a dare. "Give me a foot massage." Y/N begin removing his shoes and socks.

Clint sighs annoyed. "How long do I have to massage your dirty feet?"

"I wanted to say for a minute, but because you insulted me the whole round." Y/N smirks.

Clint puts his beer down on the side table. Y/N puts his feet on Clints knees. Clint begins massaging Y/N's feet against his will. "I will make you suffer when you choose dare. Truth or dare."

"Truth." Y/N smiles. "I'm going to choose truth till the game ends just to piss you off."

Clint smiles. "Alright. Who did you have a crush on?"

Y/N stops smiling. "Do I need to answer?"

"Do I need to continue massaging your feet?" Clint retorts Y/N question.

Y/N takes a few seconds till respond. "Don't make fun of me, but I had a crush... on you." Y/N feels embarrass.

Clint looks surprised. "You had a crush on me? Really?"

"Yeah..." Y/N avoids Clint's eyes. Clint still look intrigued at his best friend with a devious smirk on his face. Y/N notices Clint's teasing and stand up. "I'm going to bed." He says annoyed and walk towards the bedroom.

Clint stops smiling and walk up to Y/N. "Hey, hey, hey! I didn't mean it like that." Clint grabs Y/N by the arm. Y/N didn't hesitate any attempts to escape, but doesn't look Clint in his eyes. "I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't mean to be so insensitive."

Y/N slightly looks back at Clint. "It's okay." He responds quietly.

"Is there a reason you don't want to talk about?" Clint asks. Y/N stays quiet. Clint notices Y/N wariness. "You can tell me. I'm your best friend after all and I promise I won't make fun of you or judge you anyway."

Clint let's go of Y/N. It makes Y/N somewhat feel reassured by Clint's words. "It's just... it's hard to like a guy who is straight. You keep hoping someday it could be different, but that is a toxic mindset to have. I eventually stop thinking of you like that and just as a friend." Y/N explains with difficulty. Clint notices this. "That's why I never told you about it, because it reminds me there is this fake chance, we could be a thing."

There is a silence for a few seconds. Clint wants to make sure to give the correct words to Y/N. "Thank you for telling me. I understand why it was hard to you." Clint smiles, trying to brighten up the mood, but Y/N still looks down. "How about we go to the bar and find you a boyfriend? I may not into guys, but I'm sure I can find you a good man."

Y/N looks at Clint, who still smirks at him. Y/N couldn't help but smile too. "I want to see your taste in man. I hope it's better than you're shooting skills."

Clint scoffs. "Was that suppose be a insult? Because you know my track record."

Y/N laughs. "I like your confidence. It's probably time to get a man and start a family." He smiles. "Anyway, I'm off to bed. Feel free to stay up."

"Thanks, but I'm also going to sleep. Goodnight." Clint walks towards the bedroom.

"Nighty night." Y/N walks in his room.

After Clint strip down out of his clothes and lay down in bed, he begins thinking about his life inside the small bedroom. Does he wants to stay with Laura? If so, is he going to see his children again? Is Laura rightfully mad at him? But it isn't only about Laura, Y/N often pop up in his head.

"A chance we could be a thing, huh?" Clint mutters quietly at himself. He wonders why Clint is thinking about that. He isn't disturbed about it. He felt sorry for Y/N endured a one-sided crush. Not just that, it's a crush on a straight guy. Suddenly, Clint thinks about how life could be with Y/N. Married to a guy... seem somewhat nice to Clint. They both relatively have the same job. Their personality bounces well of each other. Y/N often spent time at Clint's place and get along with his kids, meaning Y/N is good with kids. Clint went deep in thoughts when he stops thinking. "Why am I thinking about a guy that way?" He let out a tired sigh. "This day is going on way too long." Clint closes his eyes and went to sleep.