Chapter Twenty-Two

When Sparrow and Jaemin were finally done wrestling with each other, Renjun spoke up. 

"Hey...Jaemin, can we talk?" 

"Yeah of course! What's up Injunnie?" Nana gave him a goofy grin from underneath Sparrow. 

She had won the fight and was laying on top of his back. 

"I actually meant can we go somewhere alone and talk..." Renjun blushed. 

"Sure, Sparrow, please get off. Nana got plans with a cute boy." He said in his goofy voice. 

Sparrow smacked his butt and rolled off of him. She went over to Jeno and wrapped him in a huge hug. 

"There's my Little Bird. How are you today?" He kissed her forehead. 

'I'm great.' She mouthed to him. 

"Injun didn't give you trouble right?" 

"He was actually really well behaved." Gran answered with a wink. 

"Good to hear." Jeno laughed in relief. 

"See you at home besties, Nana out!" Jaemin giggled, pulling Renjun behind him as he left the house. 

Chisana scrambled to jump off Renjun's shoulder before she was catnapped and landed on Jeno's head. 

(This was too cute not to use

(This was too cute not to use.) 

"We gotta stop meeting like this Chi-Chi." Jeno pulled the cat down from his fluffy head. 

"She used to do that to Sparrow's little brother. You remind me of him sometimes." Gran chuckled, grabbing the small cat from his arms to feed her dinner. 

"You didn't tell me you had a brother." He said as they walked to her room. 

'He's a year younger than me. I loved the crap out of him, but sadly my mother stopped letting him visit me. I haven't seen him in five years.' 

"Ah, that sucks, maybe we can meet him again someday." 

~One year later. Spring~ 

Jeno was leaning against a cherry blossom tree

Jeno was leaning against a cherry blossom tree. The tree was on top of a hill looking over the city. He loved it under that tree. It was peaceful and quiet without all the noise that the city brought. 

Sparrow was laying in his lap reading a book as he gently pet her hair. 

He was so happy to have her in his life, she brought joy to everyone around her. She even managed to get two of his friends to finally date. 

Jeno was the only one who wasn't surprised when Jaemin came out to the group as gay. He already knew and loved him just the same. 

He was happy that Nana was with Renjun now. Renjun calmed Jaemin's anxiety and Jaemin made Renjun feel like he could be himself. 

Mina ended up being booked into a mental hospital once her father realized she was a psychopath. Her friends eventually came to Sparrow on their own and apologized to her for being mean. 

She came back to school the next year and they were all seniors. Jeno was accepted to an esteemed college nearby and was to start in the coming fall. Sparrow told him not long after that she was accepted to a fine arts college close by to be an artist. 

Everything was working out perfectly. Sparrow's brother finally reached out and they met once a month for coffee to catch up. Gran even found a partner to spend the rest of her life with. 

Jeno sighed, happily content with his life. 

"Little Bird, I love you." He told her. 

She took a deep breath and rolled over in his lap so that they were looking at each other. And for the first time in her entire life, she spoke. 

"I love you too Jeno."