Chapter Fourteen

Once dinner was finished, everyone sat around the dinner table and dug in. Chenle had made a lovely stew with crab, fishcakes, tteok, cheese, and kimchi. It was surprisingly filling and Sparrow was happily stuffed after her meal. She found herself feeling very sleepy and was nodding off in her seat. Some of the boys were conversing at the table while Mark and Haechan did the dishes. 

"Are you alive Little Bird?" Sparrow heard a voice ask her. 

She opened her eyes to find Jeno smiling at her a couple feet away. 

Shaking her head she returned his smile and stood up from her seat. The boys had already discussed how they would plan to be with her at all times during school so she would be safe from Mina.

"Ready to go home?" He asked; grabbing her coat for her. 

Sparrow nodded her head and ran to give Jaemin a hug before she left with Jeno. 

"That's new. When did you two get close?" Haechan raised an eyebrow. 

"Uh...We just talked a lot today and bonded in a way." Nana blushed. 

"That's awesome, I'm so happy you found a friend outside of the group." Mark affectionately rubbed Jaemin's ear. 

(A/N: This isn't meant to be a gay gesture here, I just see Mark touch his members ears a lot out of fondness.) 

Mark, being the oldest in their group; tended to watch the younger boys more. He wasn't typically obvious and let Jeno be their leader most of the time, but he did care quite a bit. He knew that Jaemin was the only boy who didn't have friends outside of their group and it always worried him. So seeing that Nana had found a friendship with Sparrow warmed his heart. It brought him some comfort knowing he didn't have to worry so much anymore.

The walk to Sparrow's house was quiet. Instead of talking like normal, Jeno was silently glancing at Sparrow every few seconds to make sure she was still there. He still couldn't believe that he finally had her back in his life after so many weeks. 

At her doorstep she finally was fed up with the silence. She poked his cheek and he looked at her. 

'Are you ok?' She mouthed to him. 

"I'm sorry...I just really missed you. I was scared. I still am. I don't want to lose you. I...Sparrow...I think I have to tell you something." He mumbled looking away. 

She patiently waited for him to say it. 

"Sparrow...I think I like you more than a friend."