Chapter 26- Always

I feel Harry's eyes burning into my back as I kneel on the floor in his bedroom, gathering my belongings. My hands shake as I fold a few t-shirts, gently placing them in my bag. The room is completely silent, our breathing being the only sound audible at the moment.

I slowly zip the bag closed when I finish packing up my things. I stand up on weak legs, my heart aching as I stare out at the morning sky through the glass wall. I take one last look at the beautiful city below us, my heart yearning for just one more day here with Harry. My eyes quickly fill with tears as I let out a loud sniffle, two tears running down my cheeks.

"You know I don't love him, Harry," I whisper, trying my best not to cry. I close my eyes, shaking my head as I listen to the silence following my claim. I sniffle and slowly turn around, locking eyes with Harry.

He is a total, emotional mess.

His eyes are red and swollen from all of the crying he did on the way back to London, his cheeks are pink and raw, appearing to be very sore, and a newfound, deep level of despair has set into his visage. My heart aches just looking at him.

"You do know that, don't you, Harry?" I manage to whisper again, not taking my eyes away from his. He quickly shakes his head, more tears racing down his face.

"Get out, Louis."

And again, the knife in my heart continues to be twisted even deeper. I stare at him, absolutely heartbroken, as I nod hesitantly. It scares me seeing how suddenly distant Harry is from me. His eyes are locked on mine, but he keeps his head and body turned slightly away from me, obviously showing me that I am unwanted here.

I slowly begin to head for the door, every step shooting a sharp pain straight to my heart. I can feel his eyes following me as I make my way across the room, causing me to swallow hard in the uncomfortable situation. I begin to panic as I approach the door, my cries suddenly becoming louder. I quickly turn around and look at Harry wide-eyed, tears spilling uncontrollably from my eyes.

"Harry, I-" I squeak, my voice shaking in anguish as he quickly cuts me off.

"Louis," he says firmly. "Get out."

I can't believe this is actually happening.

This is really it.

This is the end.

My lip quivers as I choke on a sob that is stuck in my throat. I quickly run from the room and down the hallway, screaming and crying hysterically as I make my way down the stairs. I wait for the sound of Harry's footsteps following me, running after me, begging for me to stay. But there's nothing; only silence.

I run through the foyer and quickly open the front door, turning to glance back at the huge house one last time.

So many things have happened here; so many memories just thrown into the trash because of an unfair situation.

"Mr. Tomlinson," a man says from outside, startling me and causing me to jump. I quickly turn my head to find Charles outside of the door, looking at me sympathetically. I swallow hard and close my eyes as I slowly pull the door shut behind me. When the door clicks shut, my heart sinks into my stomach, the awful aching becoming worse by the second. It takes every bit of strength I have to pull my hand off of the doorknob.

"Are you ready to go?" he asks gently, motioning to the black car at the bottom of the steps, the passenger door already opened for me. I look at Charles with a look of pure sadness, not even knowing how to answer his question. He keeps his eyes on mine, staring at me sympathetically as he lets out a soft sigh.