Chapter 36 : Advice

Start from the beginning

'That makes sense. If she decides to fake a relationship with a boy from her class, then they have to act lovey dovey 24/7 in front of the girl, which would be really troublesome.'

"I see... I'm sorry Ichinose but I'm not doing that."

Hearing an immediate rejection, she lowered her head for a second before looking back at him with a small smile.

"Yeah, I understand why you don't want to be involved. I apologise for putting you in such a situation, Ayanokouji-kun. "

"No..That's not the main point. In my opinion the way you are going with this situation is completely wrong, Ichinose."

Looking at him confused,  Ichinose remained quiet, wanting to hear his explanation further.

"This girl spent all this time writing this letter for you and is mustering all her courage just to confess to you. 

In this world, where the society looks down upon humans who are in love with the same sex, she still overcame it just to let you know about her feelings.

Don't you think you are spitting right into all her efforts just because you don't want to hurt her?"

'Ironic coming from someone like me.'

Not seeming to find an answer, Ichinose looked down in remorse while Kiyotaka continued.

"Also don't you think it will hurt her even more when it finally gets revealed that we weren't actually dating and you were lying to her all this time?"

"I-I.."

"I understand what you are coming from Ichinose. But I don't think it's correct. Of course it's my opinion after all. You may do whatever you want, but please don't include me."

Ichinose's eyes didn't move away from the ground as she kept quiet to herself, contemplating his words. Not wanting to further include himself in such an awkward situation, Ayanokouji stuffed his hands inside his pockets and turned around from her.

"You are right."

As soon as he was about to walk away from her, Ichinose spoke out loud, causing him to tilt his head back at her.

She was smiling sadly, as if she was ashamed of herself.

"I was blind to not notice it. I was so focused on not wanting to hurt her and preserve our friendship that I didn't think of all the consequences one lie could create. I'm extremely sorry for being so naive, Ayanokouji-kun. Thank you for opening my eyes."

'Ehh, I didn't do much. After reading too many romance novels, this whole situation brought the romantic side out of me.

Guess I should call it Lovekouji.'

"It's all right, don't worry about it. Look over there, guess your date is here."

Looking towards the direction he pointed, they met the sight of a girl with short blonde hair, who was jogging towards their direction.