Part 8- Just Like Your Father

"Emiliana Rosemary Mitchell what the hell were you thinking?" Charlie yelled at her daughter, "I'm down for sticking it to the patriarchy, but that is not the way to do it by stealing an $80 million dollar jet and going for a joy ride!"

Maverick stood behind his wife, making eye contact with his daughter, smiling and giving her a thumbs up before adding, "This is why you're called Rebel. Your mother and I aren't mad, though she is yelling. We're proud of you for standing up for yourself, just next time, don't steal an $80 million." 

Charlie and Pete stood there talking to their daughter about the upcoming Naval Ball, but Emi didn't listen. She stood there, and all she could think about was Hangman and that she messed up. "What if he was looking out for me? This is a mission no pilot has ever done before, oh God I'm such an asshole," she thought, reaching for her phone to answer a text message, hoping it was from him. 

Nat: Hey ready to go shopping? I'm waiting outside. 

Emi: Be right there, just grabbing my stuff! 

"Sorry mom and dad, I gotta go." Emi said, giving each a kiss on the cheek before grabbing her bag to go shopping. 

--- 

"What about this one," Nat says while walking out of the dressing room in a dark blue sweetheart dress. 

"I love it!! You have to get that one." Emi replied, holding her pick before walking into the neighboring room. 

A few minutes later, Emi emerges and leaves Nat speechless. "I like this one- what do you think?" 

"Yes. Hell fucking yes. He'll love it. I know what happened but he will. If he doesn't even try to talk to you, he'll be insane." 

--- 

Across town, Hangman, Rooster, and Payback are getting fitted for their uniforms, having the same conversation. 

"I messed up so bad. I wouldn't be surprised if she ever talks to me again." 

"Cmon James, you gotta try. Tonight, you go up to her and explain everything." Reuben says. 

"Yeah I agree with Reuben," Bradley adds. "Just talk to her tonight." 

"Yeah, talk. I can do that." 

Author's Note: 

So these are the dresses I imagined Nat and Emi wearing for the ball!!