notes and info!

Hi there! First of all, I'm going to list some things included in this fic :)

- Volleyball terms!

Left/Right seam: having someone's right or left side

Set: A section of a volleyball game, first to 25 points wins the set, there are 3-5 sets in a volleyball match

Volley: When a match has a long period of back and forth playing

Dig: When a player takes a spike from the opposing team, whether it be by diving or by simply sticking it

Kill: When a spike scores a point

Kill block/Stuff block: When a block completely stops a spike, gaining a point

Ace:
- Title: When someone is considered an ace, it's because they have scored the most points via attack
- Attack: When a serve gains a point off of one touch or none

Waterfall: When a spike goes and falls through the blockers front, between them and the net

Joust: When two front row players are at the net with a ball between them, first one to push it to the other side wins (or first one to touch the net loses) >:)

I think that's all to cover that anyone may have some confusion on! I am a volleyball player on a varsity team that is number one in my area, if you have any questions on terms I use, or anything mentioned don't be afraid to ask in the comments!!

~~~

- Fic info

Terms:
- f/n = first name
- l/n = last name
- e/c = eye colour
- h/c = hair colour
- h/l = hair length

there are some things that are official about y/n just for the sake of the story so bear with me here LOL

y/n is an 18 year old girl in her third year of highschool! She goes to Shiratorizawa Highschool, she plays volleyball for the women's team as an opposite hitter. she's a left handed smartass who loves to prove people wrong.

The women's team for Shiratorizawa volleyball is at #2 in Japan for the sake of story progression and such, this story's gonna follow their climb to the #1 women's school in Japan, with some time skips for games and stuff just cause it's easier but yeah! Some women's teams in this story are going to be made up, and some are going to be from schools you already know of! Seeing as the Shiratorizawa women's team was never explored or introduced in the manga or anime, I'm going to be making the team completely from scratch! I'm going to introduce the Shiratorizawa team now, there are 11 members including y/n, but not including the coaches.

Hana Himari
- Head Coach
- Used to be Setter for the Japan women's team
-6'0
- 62
Hana is a very kind woman, almost like a super cute grandma who bakes you cookies and buys you teddy bears. She pushes everyone on the team to be the best as they can, her goal is to get as many of her "kids" to play for Japan. She's hella loaded so she payed for the team to have matching bags, shoes, water bottles, everything. She loves the idea of teamwork, it's everything to her. Hana has white hair kept in a bun and deep green eyes. Her skin is pale and covered in freckles and light wrinkles.

Mizuno Kazuya
- Co-Coach
- Physical Trainer and women's gym teacher at Shiratorizawa
- 5'4
- 28
Mizuno is a calm and analytical woman, she has a large presence that screams don't mess with me or my team. She makes sure everyone on the team is staying healthy and calm, she comes up with a lot of the plans for things and she's pretty good at knowing what's up with her team. She checks in on everyone a lot and keeps things flowing. Mizuno has black hair and yellow-ish orange eyes, her skin is lightly tanned and she has a checkmark shaped birthmark under her right eye.