Chapter 1: Holy Spirit Village

Hazy sun rays peeked through the tree leaves, lighting up the atmosphere of the dark forest. A sweet fragrance flows in the air, luring everyone who had caught a scent of it. Green leaves slightly obscured the sun's light, creating a shadowed area.

Hidden by the shadows of the trees, a young girl leaned against the trunk. Her face was anonymously half-hidden by the dark, leaving only the sharp Irises to glow the dark in the color of a heliotrope.

"Hmm. Today is the day when we're going to spiritual awakening." Her lips turned upwards in a cold smirk. Eyes glinting like a predator founding its prey.

Turning slightly, she left the calm forest toward the village near it. Her steps are quite relaxed but her posture seemed to be aware of her surroundings.

The village she is going to be called the Holy Spirit Village. The reason for its name is because that is a legend it was said that once a hundred years ago, a spirit sage ranked spirit master came from the village thus giving the village thus the name. It was also the eternal pride of the Holy Spirit Village.

"San-ge?" She mumbled quietly. A young lad with bluish-black hair turned around to address the young girl.

"Ah! Yuan'er! You're here!" He exclaimed happily in relief. Seems like there is only one person who hasn't come here yet.

"Is Mei Mei late?" Huo Yuan asked Tang San. He nodded to her as the answer.

"San-ge! Yuan-Jie! I'm here!" A beautiful young girl with black to pink hair cried out.

"Mei Mei there you are." Yuan smiled as she patted the young girl on her head.

Seeing her Tang San grinned softly in greeting. His rough hands slipped and held her smooth hands, intertwining them together. Wu Mei smiled gently as she pressed her fingers with his.

Looking at the interaction Yuan smirked and being the good friend she is, decided to tease them.

"Go get a room lovebirds."

Hearing it, both Tang San and Wu Mei's faces heated up in a massive blush. They quickly separated their hands from each other and look away, embarrassed. The other children who are watching couldn't help but are jealous.

Because everyone had spirits, every year would have children undergoing spirit awakening. Therefore, Spirit Halls could be found everywhere on the Continent. Naturally, these were all only subsidiary halls, there was a distinct hierarchy.

The village children didn't have a very good opinion of Tang San. To favor the rich and disdain the poor is an ability not only among nobles but among common people the circumstances are instead even more distinct. With Tang San originally being a reincarnated person and his real age having long ago exceeded 30, naturally, he was also unwilling to come into contact with these children. To him, spare time was better spent on cultivation, consequently, the only ones he interacted are the Beauties of Nature, Wu Mei, and Huo Yuan, they are after all also the only ones that acted out of their physical age just like him.

In addition to village elder Jack and 10 children present, there was also one youth in the Spirit Hall. This person appeared to be just over 20 years old, with dashing eyebrows slanting above starry eyes, his facial features extremely bright and handsome. He was dressed completely in brilliant white clothes, a black cloak on his back, and right on the center of his chest, above his heart, was a palm-sized 'spirit' character. This was standard attire for staff directly subordinate to Spirit Hall.

On the left side of the chest was a carved badge with three crossed long swords. It seemed like Jack knew this kind of Spirit Master well; three in quantity represented a Spirit Master of the third degree, titled Spirit Grandmaster, and the long swords represented this Spirit Hall attendant was a Battle Spirit Master.