Act 3 ch 14

"Mail" Victoria yells seeing Kirk through the window.

All three Gilmore girls have being waiting impatiently for college acceptance letters to arrive. "Mail" Victoria yells again quickly getting up from her spot on the couch.

"Hurry up" Lorelai says also rushing to get up. "Kirk" Victoria yells running out of the house. "Kirk" Rory yells running up behind her.

"Good morning, ladies" Kirk says digging through the mail bag.

Yep, Kirk was the new mailman. "Are there envelopes in there?" Lorelai asks him.

"Big envelopes, not little envelopes. Big means we're in" Victoria adds. "Just one second, please" Kirk keeps looking. "Aren't you supposed to go through the mail before you get here?" Rory asks.

"Personally, I think it takes the spontaneity out of the job" Kirk tells her.

"Need some help?" Lorelai asks. "Sorry, federal law prohibits it" Kirk replies.

"Any chance you could go after? You got our futures in that bag" Victoria tells him. "You know what I've noticed?" Kirk asks them. "It wouldn't be mail with our names on it would it?" Lorelai asks.

"I've noticed, people don't slow down anymore. No one stops to smell a nice flower or look at a puppy" Kirk says.

"You're absolutely right" Victoria sighs knowing it's easier just to agree with him. "No one stops to ask how you're doing, is your family well? Did you see that game last night?" Kirk continues pulling a big envelope out of his bag.

"Yeah, yeah people suck. Is that ours?" Lorelai asks him. "What? Oh...Mrs Rita Flora" Kirk reads the envelope. "Nope" he tells them.

"Rats" Rory groans.

"They could still be in there" Victoria says hopeful. "Rita Flora, didn't she die?" Kirk asks.

"While you were delivering her mail?" Lorelai asks him. "She did die. She died last week" Kirk continues. "Kirk" Victoria says getting antsy.

"They're supposed to put your mail on hold when you die" Kirk complains.

"Okay, let's go back inside" Lorelai sighs. "What about the envelopes?" Victoria asks her.

"We'll check back on our way to Luke's...for dinner" Lorelai says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's getting frustrating, I mean there are so many great songs that have been written post Cobain but try and convince Zack of that I mean he's impossible, stubborn, and just a tad intellectually challenged in case you haven't noticed" Lane complains while drumming on the table at Luke's.

"Lane, honey" Lorelai cuts her off. "Yeah?" Lane asks.

"Could you-just with the sticks there, I couldn't" Lorelai tells her. "Oh sorry, nervous habit" Lane stops. "Mom's a little crabby this morning" Victoria explains.

"I'm not crabby. I'm very, very ill" Lorelai insists.

"With allergies" Rory adds. "Deadly allergies" Lorelai corrects her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to minimize your condition. Should we make funeral arrangements now?" Rory asks. "Yeah, but make sure you can get your money back in case this stuff works" Lorelai pulls pills out of her purse. "Where did you get those?" Victoria asks taking the pack.

"Found them in your room" Lorelai replies.

"These expired in '98" Victoria reads the date on them. "So what, I should take four?" Lorelai asks.

"Yes, that's exactly my point" Victoria gives back the pills. "Here" Luke walks over and gives them menus. "New menus" Rory gasps shocked.

"Very fancy" Victoria comments.