00

! Umbrella Academy S3 spoilers !
( Of course )

———

00

Slipping through my fingers

———

You were a close friend of the Hargreeves. However, you all grew up as if you were a family, Reginald didn't have the chance to adopt you, not because he didn't want to— I mean adopting 7 children all at once was enough of a hassle imagine having 8— Anyways, the reason for that was because he couldn't. The hold your parents had on you was immense. They've been wanting children for a while, and yet every time they try, they always get the same results.

Until the time came where you were brought into this world... In a damn bathtub. Filled with water. Of course your mother couldn't have predicted this because it was a phenomenon, it was simply impossible. Fortunately, you didn't drown. But maybe all the water in your head is the reason why you became such a dumbass.

Kidding.

After Reginald found you, he's been asking your parents to let you train in the umbrella academy with his own children. It was just simple, 'Can they?' 'May they?' and 'Will they?', but after a while, your parents started to decline his offers. Knowing Reginald, of course he wouldn't let that slide. He'd do anything for a kid with powers.

So — Your parents got into an accident. And only you knew this wasn't an accident, deep down in your gut, you knew Reginald had something to do with this. You should've known, after seeing the expression on his face after he found out your power was matter manipulation. 

Growing up, you were most fond of him... Ben Hargreeves. He was shy, he was nice and he was amazing. He was everything a person could possibly ask for! Until you know, the incident happened. You were heartbroken, but Klaus was there for you.

Klaus didn't admit that Ben was there listening beside him, he didn't entirely know why he kept it to himself though. No matter how many times Ben pleaded to be let known of his presence, Klaus only turned it into white noise. And so you grew up believing that Ben was actually gone.

Fast forward a few years later, you were now 29, returning to the umbrella academy after finding out that Reginald sadly passed away. You heard the news while eating at a fast food restaurant, and let me tell you—  the grin on your face couldn't get any bigger, it was as if fireworks went out in the back of your head. You even had to prevent yourself from cheering in happiness.

Now you were walking down the street while blasting, 'Happy together', in your ears. "F/n mother fucking L/n? Is that you?" F/n looked up from the floor, only to have their smile get even wider, if that were even possible. "Klaus mother fucking Hargreeves!" They yelled with open arms, running towards him and Klaus catched them, hugging F/n tightly while spinning around. They both laughed, after all, they hadn't seen each other in years.

At the age of 18, F/n just ran away. Wanting to get away from Reginald and maybe some time off from the siblings. F/n would be lying if they said they didn't miss them one bit.

"My my aren't you in a good mood." Klaus said in a merry tone. F/n stopped the music, "And I see that you just came back from rehab." They said while lifting up his hand, the 4th child rolled his eyes and sieved his hand back, "Oh this isn't— I don't do that anymore! I'm a new man, I've realized my mistakes!— SHUSH!" He suddenly yelled, F/n looked at him weirdly.