Dig Dug (Part 3)

Börja om från början

"What about Danford to Jordan?" Bob asked.

"Oh, come on." I said. "This has gotta be enough, right?"

"It's not, (Y/n)." Bob said, marking down the measures on the map. "It's...It's really not."

We all crowded around the table. I saw Mike coming over and he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Okay, well, can't you figure it out?" I asked.

"Well, it's hard. The ratio isn't exactly one-to-one." Bob sighed in frustration. Mrs. Byers stood behind him. She also grew impatient, hoping Hopper was hanging in there. "I mean, if you're all twisting my arm, and you are twisting my arm, I would say that the X is...maybe a half mile southeast of Danford?" He drew the line.

Mrs. Byers sighed in relief and kissed his cheek. We all smiled. "Thank you!" Mrs. Byers said. "Thank you."

I followed Mrs. Byers out to her car, and the boys followed behind us. "What? Are we...we really going?"

~~~

*third person pov*

Dustin biked down the road to Mike's house, hoping (Y/n) is with him too. He ran up to the front door and rang the doorbell several times.

"Your line has been busy for over two hours, Mr. Wheeler." Dustin said to him as he opened the door. "Do you realize this?"

"Oh, I do realize." Mr. Wheeler said, leaning on the side of the doorway.

"Is Mike home with my sister?" Dustin asked.

"No." Mr. Wheeler said, ready to go back to his La-Z-Boy chair.

"No?" He asked, appalled. "Well, where the hell are they?"

"Karen, where's our son and (Y/n)?!" Mr. Wheeler turned around.

"Will's!" Mrs. Wheeler echoed from the kitchen.

Mr. Wheeler faced Dustin and sighed. "Will's."

Dustin also sighed to this, "No one's picking up there. Nancy. What about Nancy?"

"Karen, where's Nancy?" Mr. Wheeler asked.

"Ally's!" Mrs. Wheeler shouted.

"Ally's." He repeated, and then said, "Our children don't live here anymore. You didn't know that? Also, shouldn't your sister be with you?"

Dustin glared up at Mr. Wheeler. Every time he'd spoke, he didn't sound like he cared, which was wasting Dustin's time. "Seriously?" Dustin asked.

"Am I done here?"

Dustin rolled his eyes. "Son of a bitch. You're really no help at all, you know that?"

"Hey!" Mr. Wheeler called out to him as Dustin walked away. "Language."

Dustin looked over to a car rolling up to the Wheeler's house, and he saw Steve walking towards the front door with flowers in his hand. "Listen..." Steve was talking to himself. "I've been thinking...I love you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry? What the hell am I sorry for?"

Dustin had another idea.

"Steve!" Dustin said, and Steve turned to him in confusion. "Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?"

Steve looked up at the flowers. "No?"

"Good." Dustin snatched them away from him.

"Hey. What the hell? Hey!" Steve followed after him to his car.

"Nancy isn't home." Dustin said.

"Where is she?" Steve asked.

"Doesn't matter. We have bigger problems than your love life." Dustin opened the passenger side door. "Do you still have that bat?"