2

Over the course of the week, just as promised, Tae was in and out with his friends, moving his stuff in.

Most of the time I was at home while he was moving stuff in but sometimes I had to work. Those moments were a bit difficult seeing as he is technically still a stranger and I didn't even know if I could trust him yet. Still, I had to do what I could given the fact that it's this, or get kicked out because I can't pay rent. So I choose this.

Today was the day he claimed he'd be moving the last of his things in before he was fully living here. Currently, I was seated on the couch watching tv as he carried in the last couple small things.

As he came in for a final time, he closed the door behind him, stopping in his tracks. Before he even got the chance to speak, a certain sound caught my attention. A tiny bark to be exact.

My brows furrowed in confusion as I went to ask what that was, only to see a small dog's head pop up from the basket in his hands.

"I forgot to mention, I have a dog. I hope that's not a deal breaker seeing as I've already moved everything in and that would be a pain." Tae laughs, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "He's a really good dog, I promise! You won't even know he's here." He quickly adds.

"It's fine, I love dogs. There is a fee for animals here though so I'll just take that from the extra money you left. The remainder is sitting on the counter in the bowl by the way." I say and Tae looks from the centerpiece bowl then back to me.

"I told you to keep it. Trust me, I'm not worried about it." He says as he pats the dogs head. "But-" "I'm gonna go unpack. Thanks for being cool about the dog." He says before he disappears into his room, closing the door behind him.

I stare at the closed door for a moment before I let out a small sigh. I have no idea why he gave me the extra money and I definitely didn't understand why he didn't want it back. He was acting as if money wasn't a huge deal and that made me even more curious as to what he did for a living.

I didn't ask because well, it wasn't important. As long as he had the money when rent was do, he could be a stripper for all I cared. Hell, maybe he is.

I shrug it off as I go back to watching tv, forgetting about it for the time being.
~

A few hours had passed before Tae's door opened and out ran his dog, coming right over to me and sitting down at my feet, tail wagging.

"Tannie, leave her be." Tae says as he appears behind the dog, scooping him up into his arms. "Sorry about that, he loves new people." Tae then says as he gives me a small smile.

"It's all good, he's cute. Very fluffy." I say as I look at the ball of fur in Tae's arms.

Tae looks around the living room for a minute before he looks back at me. "I was planning on going grocery shopping soon since I don't have any food here. I'm not sure if you'd want to tag along but I noticed there wasn't much in the fridge so..." he trials off and I pull my bottom lip in.

"Yeah, I've been tight for money ever since I lost my first roommate so groceries are never usually an option. Now that you're here though, I'll actually have some left over money from my checks to do so." I laugh, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"I get that. Well, if you want to tag along you can. You have the extra money from the other day and groceries seems like the perfect thing to spend it on, yeah?" He grins, giving me a boxy smile. "Yeah, it does." I laugh, agreeing.

Although I felt bad spending this extra money, I also knew he wasn't going to take it back so I might as well put it to good use. So we do just that. We hit two different stores, getting lots of groceries and by time we put them all away, our fridge and cabinets were fully stocked. I hadn't seen it like this the whole time I lived here, even with my best friend.

I watched as Tae finished putting away the last of his groceries, making sure to label his things just as I had. He had definitely gotten more groceries then I did and spent way more. Like, way more. It led me to the question again, so I asked.

"So, what do you do for work?" I ask, catching his attention. Tae turned to me and shrugged. "Nothing special." He says, keeping it vague. I watched him for a moment, realizing he didn't care to tell me.

Right away, what I had learned about Tae was that he had lots of money, really hot friends, an insanely cute dog, and a not so sharing personality. Sure, that was fine and all but he just seemed so...secretive.

Shrugging it off, I don't ask again for the remainder of the night. Well, up until the moment he was heading off to bed. "Are you sure your job is nothing special? It must be if you're keeping it on lock down." I say, watching as he strolls towards his room, not saying anything as Tannie trailed behind him.

I called out the one thing I had already guessed. "You're not a stripper, are you?"

Without even glancing back before he opens up his bedroom door, he says, "Goodnight, Roomie."

-