Chapter 32 ☪ Scolded

Start from the beginning

    Then I stood from surprise— voices. I could hear voices! They... 'goddess of death, our reaper, how dare you live happily while forgetting us like random strangers, oh our reaper you will never escape from the dead! ' 

    My head spinned and a loud voice escaped my mouth. 

--+-•-+--

[ Adrian Point Of View ]

    We got home after the long journey, but I was too tired to do anything. I went to the training ground and met the remaining knights who weren't unable to participate in the hunt for Marquis Crambell. 

    However, a knight came running telling us that our lord has come home so we came to greet him and have to take responsibility for milady's secret. Unfortunately, I can't say anything but I'll probably accept my punishment as it is. 

    Now, as we arrived in front of the residence gate, the marquis figure had suddenly strangled my guts as I immediately kneeled in front of him asking for mercy.  "I will accept my punishment milord, please punish me as you see fit! I did not stop milady and almost got herself in danger because of me, I beg you! I will accept anything! " 

    He was angered. I can feel his presence, not that I am fully aware of it but the marquis has a dangerous aura that is powerful depending on how angered he was. I kept on bowing waiting for his response when I heard clutters instead. 

    "Marquis, please punish us as well, we didn't protect the lady and instead we let the lady get hurt! We will accept any punishment even if it's death! " This voice? I looked back and saw all the knights that had participated that day on the training ground were kneeling behind me. 

    That includes Dores, Eclise and even Sain. I was suddenly dumbfounded as I saw this cowardly man acting like a knight. I guess the lady had influenced them as well but we have to hope that the marquis' anger won't put us in a tight position.

    "You disobeyed my order, Squad Captain Adrian Spenard, how will you attain from this? If, by far, my daughter receives injuries, you will be whipped behind bars! You all, your training will increase to high capacity! I don't want any complain, leave now before I change my mind. " 

    We nodded silently and stood to leave but as soon as we took a step off the entrance, a loud voice echoed from the ladies room, and a strange grasping servant ran out of the mansion.

    "Milord, t-the lady! T-there's something wrong with the lady! " She reported in a hurry but as soon as she grasped the situation, the marquis was not to be found in front of us. 

    What's happening? I looked up to see the lady's balcony before I looked at the knights. "You are all dismissed, I will take this matter alone. "

    When I catch up with the marquis' heavy footsteps. We we're just in front of the lady's room, and servants scattered around outside her room. The door was also kept open and the next thing we saw was Anna and Milady wrapped around her hands, she was covered in white bath towels and she was unconscious.

    "You're here milord, the lady had fainted! " Anna reported making the marquis shiver while lifting milady in his arm. "What happened? " He asked strangely, his voice cracking.

    "I couldn't understand as well, she started screaming alerting all of the servants, Mellie was the one who knock on her door and saw that milady was screaming and yelling as she got off from the bathtub, she was screaming and scratching the floor with her bare hands and she kept on screaming 'enough' to cover her ears. " 

    How did this happened? She suddenly turned paler than her usual skin color but this time her lips were whitened making her look paler than how she acted. 

    "Bring the physician!— no the high priest, bring him now! " He commanded but when one of his butlers approached him,  his eyes widened and he looked at his daughter.

    "Then bring the Royal Doctor! Or Dame Elise if possible, bring the Best Doctors! I don't care who, just bring someone that could tell what is wrong with my daughter, now! " We started moving out to bring all of the Best Doctors of the empire, I and the butler teamed up to escort them as well as to send them back. 

    We gathered what we know about all of the doctors in the empire, including all of the Royal Physicians and pharmacists that can detect what is wrong with a patient. First, I gathered all the squadrons to escort all of the doctors that we knew by far while the butler sent messages to the Royal Palace and even sought priests amongst the best. 

    At least by morning, we have gathered those that are best and right now, we are on our way to escort Lady Elise from the hospital. 

    This is the only way we can attain forgiveness from the marquis and now that the lady fainted, without reason. The marquis is not in a good shape now, we don't want to give him more stress now that milady has fallen like this. 

    "Lady Elise, we are here, " I knocked on the carriage door and politely escorted her from the carriage stair.