Chapter Seven

A/N

Hay my peeps! ENJOY
Hehe video: Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows!!!!!!

Anyways.

Chapter Seven

Scarlett Jackson's P.O.V.

Apprehension courses through my veins, my knees weak from fear. I back up against the door, my father's face devoid of any emotion. That's the scariest kind. Not knowing what he's thinking, not knowing what he's going to do.
"Where were you?" His voice is pure poison.
"I-I was w-with L-Lil-ly-" I stammer.

"Did I say you could go out?"
I shake my head vehemently, not wanting to anger him further.
"ANSWER ME!" He screams in my face, the thick veins in his neck standing out, his face contorted in rage.
I hesitate a second too long.

I wake up in a cold sweat, my body trembling, my heart racing. I fly out of the bed and crash into something unfamiliar. I see my reflection in the foreign object and I scream. I back away, running backwards, and trip over something soft. Terror seizes me.

The walls are closing in, suffocating me. I scream again, clutching my hair. My wristbands clinks together in a disoriented melody. I screech as the door opens and I see an unfamiliar girl. Fight or flight kicks in and I race past the girl, stumble down a staircase and see an open door.

I've never wanted to escape so much as now. I hear yells behind me, making me run faster and faster. I zip through unfamiliar streets. Did we move? No. That's ridiculous. Did they kick me out? Strangely possible. They hate me, anyway. But where am I?

I'm brought out of my reverie as something hard in front of me hits me. I fall and it falls on top of me. I try to scramble away, but I can't.

"Scarlett?"

I squeeze my eyes shut, afraid of seeing my father.

"Scarlett? Open your eyes." I hear again. But it's not my father's voice. It's deep and warm.
I shake my head. The object is heavy, but soft. And warm. Cosy. I feel lightheaded.
"Please?"

I slowly open my eyes. And look into dark, chocolaty eyes. I'm captivated.

Kilian's P.O.V.

I wave at Cassy.
"See you tomorrow!" She calls, climbing into her sky-blue beetle.
I smile and drop my hand as she drives away. I turn, my silver-white hair swaying in the wind. I see a rush of black and white and the next thing I know, I'm on top of the girl of my dreams.

I gape, the breath knocked out of me.

"Scarlett?" I question.

Her milky white skin looks translucent, her curly black hair wild. She's even more beautiful up close. But she squeezes her eyes shut, a horror-struck look on her face.

"Scarlett? Open your eyes." My voice seems too thick, me being in this compromising position. I wonder what's happened. Why's she so spooked?
"Please?" I need to see those hazel eyes.

Then I get my wish. Her eyes are like shining honey. Dark brown rims surround the edges of her irises, as well as around her pupils. Molten lava lazily stretches between the borders. Wow.

"Are you okay?" I breathe. Her small frame fits into my lean one. She's so small.
"Who are you?" She throws back.
"I believe I'm your neighbor, Kilian. And you're Scarlett?"

A small frown appears between her eyes.
"Will you get off me?"
She has a very peculiar way of avoiding my questions. It only makes me more curious. I slowly get off her and she hurriedly stands up and brush leaves off her pajamas. For the first time I see countless bangles and bracelets on both her arms, almost up to her elbows.

I step towards her, and she takes a step back.

"Scarlett! Where are you?" I hear a familiar voice yell.
"Please, wait!"
"Scarlett, honey! It's going to be okay! Don't be afraid!"

It's the Benson family. I look at a frightened Scarlett. She looks ready to bolt. Maybe again. That's why she has been running.
"Come with me." I reach my hand towards hers. She looks off in the distance, but then takes my hand. I pull her along with me. We zip through the streets, her hand very cold in mine. We arrive at the theatre and I fumble with the keys. Finally I unlock the door and I pull her in after me.

I smile reassuringly at her as we climb the steps to the second floor. We don't utter a word as we sit on the stage, in the shadows.

"Do you play an instrument?" I ask, breaking the silence.
She eyes me, seeming to ponder my question.
"Yes." She simply says.
I smile and her eyelashes flutters downwards.

"Which instrument?" I prod, gently squeezing her hand. She looks at our linked hands, as if remembering we're still holding hands, but doesn't pull away.
"The violin."
We stay quiet.
"Do you play?" She asks, her voice quiet. I hide my surprise at her efforts trying to keep up the conversation.

I smile again.
"Yes. The flute and guitar. Will you play for me?"
I want to know what's she thinking. I want to know everything about her. I've already heard her play, but I don't mention it. It's my secret to keep. My first memory of her.

Her lips twitches and her eyes sparkle.
"Someday." She promises.
I softly stroke my thumb across her fingers.
"Someday it is."