Chapter 25 - Friends Again

Springtraps POV:

I stood on a dock looking out into a lake as the sun sat high over the horizon. I was a fool to think Y/N and I could ever be. I was nothing but a heartless monster who didn't deserve to live. "Why am I still here?" I said, gazing out into the blue of the lake. "Is this my punishment? Stuck forever in this suit, being forced to hurt the people I care about?" But I wasn't being forced, this was just the person I was deep down inside.

My heart ached, as I heard the sounds of the ghost kids returning.
"We'll Springtrap, looks like you messed up again. You hurt Y/N, and she was just trying to help you. You really are a monster." One of the kids whispered in my ear.
I let my head hand low, as I covered my ears at their words. "Can't you just leave me alone! I know I'm a monster, you don't need to remind me!" I knew in that moment if I could cry I would.
"You brought this upon yourself, Springtrap. I don't know why you continue to feel sorry for yourself." The child spoke some more.
I covered my ears at the sound. Why couldn't they just let me be in self pity alone?

"Springtrap..." a voice began from behind.
I turned expecting to see Harry or even better
Y/N, but it wasn't either of them. "DELIAH!?" I exclaimed in confusion, standing up quickly and brushing away the ghost children. "Y-you shouldn't be here. I did awful things, I hurt you, you should stay away from me." I stepped back on the dock, though I made sure I wasn't walking off the edge.
"Springtrap, listen, you and I both know I shouldn't be here, but a friend called for my help and I am doing this for her, but I'm also doing this for you because I'm tired of seeing you tearing yourself up." Deliah walked closer towards me as she spoke. "I can't forgive you for the things you did but I'm ready to try and be friends again because I miss you and I don't want it to be weird between us anymore. You did some bad things, but you've also tried to fix those bad things you did, even if you don't do it very well." She chuckled. "You're my best friend Springtrap, and you always will be." Deliah held her arms out wide, waiting for a hug.
My ears dropped to the sides of my face, as a small smile spread across my cheeks. "Deliah, I-I'm so sorry." I wrapped my arms around her tightly, lifting her up into a hug. "I-I missed you so much."
Deliah giggled with a smile. "I missed you too buddy."