10 : Journals

Log 4 : Just as I said in my last log, I brought J-2 and S-3 to view E-1's surgery as a form of discipline. Originally I was going to change S-3's test plans to punish him, though the route I took instead surprised me. I'm curious if the subjects would have complied as well if I had chosen something else as punishment. I thought I'd have to do more to get them to listen, being that I only punished their friend for S-3's actions, but now I wonder just how strong their bond is. I may run some tests to see just how close they've become in due time.

On another note, my hypothesis on E-1 seems to be correct! She's grown less energetic and optimistic since I've removed any traces of electricity in her. Her little 'quirks' have seemingly disappeared as well, leaving behind a version of herself I didn't know existed. I don't have much else to do with her after I'm done with her experiment, however. I'll continue with small fix-ups, but past that, she doesn't have a use for me anymore.

S-3's dissociative tendencies seem to have worsened since his first test. He's also become more aggressive, both towards me and the other subjects. I was planning on continuing experimentation with him later, but now I may want to look into how he acts without anything inside of him. He's been this way a couple times on Inanimate Insanity, but now I have a closeup way of observing it. I may move his next testing date further away if things continue like this.
-
Paintbrush slammed their hand onto their alarm clock, turning it off. They rubbed their eyes open before looking around the room. Fan had already turned the lights on from when he woke up, so at least Paintbrush didn't have to go searching in the dark for the lightswitch.

They went through their routine the same as always. Basic things such as brushing teeth and showering. And taking care of their hair, of course. No matter what happened, they still made sure their hair was taken care of.

Paintbrush gave Baxter his breakfast before leaving to get some of their own downstairs. Fan had already left by the looks of it. Right as Paintbrush got to the kitchen, they saw Knife cleaning up at the table.

"I missed it again?" Paintbrush asked, mostly to themselves.

"Yep."

Paintbrush sighed, walking over to one of the cabinets and pulling out a box of cereal. It wasn't as good as freshly made breakfast, but they weren't in the mood for cooking. Once they had poured their cereal, ( with milk, of course ) they walked over to the couch. Normally they'd eat at the dining table, but it felt a bit too lonely there today.

"Hey Pickle." They said, sitting down next to them. They didn't talk to each other often, but they were fairly friendly with each other when they did.

"Hey Paintbrush. Did you sleep in?"

"Yeah." Paintbrush replied. "...Just a moment, I forgot to grab a spoon." They sat back up as soon as they sat down, walking back to the kitchen. Surprisingly enough, Paper had already made his way to the dining table with his laptop.

"Oh, hi Paintbrush!" Paper greeted them. Paintbrush waved with a small smile, going to grab a spoon before starting to walk back.

"Is that... OJ?" Paintbrush asked, looking at the laptop's screen. They couldn't hear anything as Paper had earphones on, but there was a low quality video of OJ playing on the laptop. Paper sighed, pausing it before taking the earbuds out and turning towards Paintbrush.

"Yeah, it is. You know how the search gang went out yesterday?" Paper asked rhetorically. "It ends up that Inanimate Insanity Headquarters was sent this some days ago, but the audio is too glitchy to tell what he's saying. I'm trying to decipher it with-"

"Hey, what are you two losers doing?" Trophy asked, interrupting the conversation.

"Paintbrush was just curious what I was doing." Paper explained, pushing the laptop so it was in between two of the chairs. "We can get started now though, I think they just needed a spoon."