- 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝.

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : singin' (and dancin') the blues by -livsbedumbs!

"MY DEAR FRIEND, GRACIE. YOU KNOW HOW TO DANCE, RIGHT?" gracie martin didn't know exactly where kurt was going with this, but she figured it wouldn't end well. she shuts her locker, her eyebrows raising as kurt's smile widens. gracie mutters in fright, "yeah, i can dance. i'm in the junior division at marjorie's. juniors cut off at 14, but because my birthday is so late..."

she started trailing off as soon as kurt grabbed a hold of her upper arm, tugging gracie and himself to the choir room. oh, god. not glee club. gracie couldn't deal being in glee club! struggling, "no! don't wanna go in there, not with rachel berry," while kurt sighs in exasperation. he continued their journey, finally shoving her into the choir room, where gracie bumped into brittany s. pierce. fuck! kurt was trying to kill her, gracie was sure of it. "i am so sorry-" "wow. you smell like chocolate. are you made of chocolate? like willy wonka?" brittany asked, her blue eyes shimmering with hope. then, her pretty teeth bite down on gracie's tan skin, to which gracie seethed silently. all eyes are on the blonde and the raven; so kurt claps to avert their eyes to him. he gestured to gracie, "everyone, this is gracie! she's a good friend of mine, and a talented dancer. she does competitive dance, so i figure we can use her while we wait for word on dakota stanley."

finn waved to gracie, offering her a half-smile that was a signature of his. tina and gracie also share eye contact for a moment, and the latter stood in the room awkwardly. santana lopez, (who wasn't too happy about her girl, britt's, encounter with little miss cupcake,) crossed her arms over with a glare. "isn't she, like, a baker chick? besides, do you even win?" kurt took matters into his hands, shooing everyone to their seats and whispering to the piano player, brad. gracie knows she was volunteered for an impromptu solo. at least she's wearing leggings today.

[piano version of DONTTRUSTME by 3OH!3, performed by gracie martin and brad the piano player!]

truthfully, gracie felt as if her performance was all over the place. she bobbled her fouetté sequence, and she can usually do 10 in a row. yes, gracie is a turner, but preferred acro tricks because of how easy they were. yet, the glee club seemed impressed, especially brittany. finally, she had someone who was up to her level! kurt already knew how talented gracie was, so it wasn't shocking to him. santana, hating to admit it, shoots gracie a small smirk. huffing, "okay, she's good. just don't start acting like shue and we'll be cool," then sauntering out of the choir room with brittany by her side. before the blonde officially followed after santana, she whispered in gracie's ear, "so not made of chocolate. more like a nerd rope." gracie stood in front of the remaining club, slightly out of breath and still nervous. rachel, notably, was absent so she wouldn't have to face the criticism of her just yet.

quinn fabray had been the one to introduce the idea of dakota stanley to the club initially. per coach sylvester's request, in order to take the club down from the inside and pushing finn right back into her arms. but, gracie wouldn't be cruel like dakota would inevitably be. she recalls their time as childhood playmates, friends, and it was always her sticking up for gracie. not the other way around.

"quinn. what do you think? everyone seems to be on board with welcoming gracie in as a choreographer, and we'll deal with rachel later." kurt queried, and gracie looked to the blonde cheerio for her answer. if she knew quinn would be judging, she would've tried harder during her turn sequence. quinn shrugs, "she's in. congratulations, g." and with that, quinn exited the choir room. her cheeks warm at the nickname. she was called g by everybody, including her family. but, it felt so much better when quinn said it. turning to kurt, "does this mean i have to perform with y'all? because i am not a singer," before kurt laughs and pulls her into a big hug. they rock onto either side, gracie removing her arms around kurt when she notices mercedes jones approaching them. "hi, baker babe. i'm mercedes, but call me cedes. hummel, why have you been hiding this cute thing from me?"