"That's a great idea." Their dad exclaimed, laughing maniacally, at least that's how Kaycee heard it. As Julian returned to the table with two large trays, one full of drinks and the other with their appetizer, balanced on his hand with expertise, the older man fixed his blazer, ready to make his request. "Sir, is it possible you can tell Sean to make an appearance at our table? We'd love to meet him." Brad asked with furrowed brows, gesturing to the table.

"Chef Lew is busy cooking, but I'll definitely let him know you're asking for him." Julian responded while placing down the drinks then popping the cork on the wine bottle effortlessly. "Are we ready to order in the meantime?" He asked, now placing the appetizers in the middle of the table.

Kaycee felt her stomach flutter again. She couldn't tell if it was nerves or hunger as the aroma of the sizzling mushrooms rushed into her nose. While her family made their orders, she passed out the mini plates given ahead of time for the appetizer and dug in herself.

No matter how much she tried to distract herself from her family's actions, she still heard their tones as they were nothing like the friendly people they usually were. They were more demanding and difficult with their orders. It was mainly her father and brother. Kylie and Laura remained civil as always.

"Kayc?" Devon nudged her side as he noticed she wasn't paying attention. Kaycee hummed in response, being knocked out of her panicked daze. "What do you want to order?" He asked. Her mouth made an 'o' shape as she looked up and saw Julian looking at her. He wore a reassuring grin as if he were trying to calm her down a bit.

"Surprise me?" She requested, to which Julian's smile widened. "I'll let him know." He walked away, tending to other customers.

Conversation at the table remained, causing Kaycee to calm down a bit. She was thankful her family remained easygoing at this event, but she knew that would change if and when Sean arrived at the table. Kaycee talked for a good amount, appreciative that her boyfriend was not the topic of discussion. They even laughed together, but all of that changed once their food arrived.

Between 20 to 30 minutes had passed before they saw Julian and Sean carrying a table, each man holding a handle. Their posture was immaculate, their heads were held high, and their faces held a solemn expression.

Once they made it to the table, they smiled at each other then began passing the food out to the designated customer. Kaycee tried her best not to stare at her boyfriend. She loved watching him work. The fiery passion that swirled in his eyes, yet the way he moved with grace when doing it made her fall for him even more.

"Good evening. Julian informed me you requested to see me. I am Chef Sean Lew. It's my pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I apologize for the wait." Sean greeted, bowing slightly. Kaycee felt her brother become rigid as he cut into his food.

"I told you I'd see you again soon." Laura laughed, waving to Sean. He returned a smile, letting his eyes scan the table. He and Kaycee locked eyes, which made his smile widen. He noticed she wore a nervous expression which he found absolutely adorable.

"Do you have time to sit and talk with us? I'm sure you've been waiting for this moment." Brad questioned, although it came out as more of a command.

"Yes, actually. I've taken care of my share in the kitchen so that I could spend the rest of my evening with you." He said to the older man, but his eyes remained on Kaycee.

"With that being said, sit here. I'm sure you're dying to get off your feet." Kylie said cheerfully, rising from her seat beside her sister and sitting beside her mother instead before Sean could protest. He simply nodded and walked around the table to the chair. Before seating himself, Sean kissed Kaycee's head, making her blush immensely.