"I think she just has to get used to you." The Fisher boy nodded reassuringly. "It's only the first day. I'm sure by the end of the summer you guys will be besties."

"You think?"

"Definitely." He smiled. "Just don't go replacing me."

"No one could ever replace you Jere." Violet giggled ruffling his curly hair.

"Good! Now come on. Let me introduce you to some of my friends."

"Oh, I don't know. I should probably go find Conrad."

"Don't worry about him." Jeremiah brushed her off. "He's over there by the keg. Doubt he'll be leaving anytime soon. Plus this won't take long."

"I don't know Jere." She said looking over at her boyfriend who was standing by himself downing a cup of beer.

"Please! Just come meet everyone for five minutes."

"Fine." The red head finally gave in. She figured that letting Conrad go for five more minutes wouldn't really make much of a difference. He was already drunk.

♒︎

Conrad had gotten bored of waiting for Violet to come back. So he took it upon himself to go get another drink. One drink quickly turned into five and he was heavily intoxicated.

Usually when Conrad got drunk he also got angry. And it certainly didn't help Conrad's mood when he saw his girlfriend next to his brother smiling and talking to who he recognized as Nicole.

Conrad was jealous that Jeremiah was the one to talk to Violet and brighten her mood. But then again could he really be that mad? Conrad should have chased after her and explained how much he loved and appreciated her. He should have apologized for Belly's behavior and made sure Violet knew that he didn't think those things about her.

But he didn't. He was too busy getting drunk and trying forget about all of his problems.

The Fisher boy had just poured himself another cup when it was snatched out of his hand by no one other than the guy that invited Belly to the party.

"What's your problem, man?" Conrad grunted turning to the guy with a glare.

"It's one beer." The gas station guy laughed. "It's a party. Relax."

"No, give me my beer back." The Fisher boy demanded trying to grab the cup back from the guy.

"I paid for this." The guy scoffed gesturing towards the keg and pushing Conrad away from him.

The two males continued to fight over the cup of beer. Somehow Conrad had actually managed to get the cup out of the guys hands. It was also during this time that they began to gain the attention of those around them.

One person being Nicole.

"Stop, stop." A partygoer yelled noticing the potential fight forming. "You're drunk."

"Just give him the beer." Nicole ordered looking directly at Conrad.

The boy in question just scoffed. He couldn't believe she was giving him orders. They hadn't spoken since after he took her to the deb ball last year. Conrad actually liked her but that attraction ended almost as quickly as it started. Pretty early on during their "relationship", if you could even call it that, he found out that she was hanging out with other guys.