[ 52 ] How to melt a frozen heart

Start from the beginning

"Relax." Jeongguk's hot breath fanned against his ear as he spoke, but to be honest Taehyung was too focused on the alarming sounds his erratic heartbeat made to even react. He just stood there, in his little awkward position, and let Jeongguk take his hand to gently raise his upper body.

"Stand up straight." The latter instructed, using his free hands to push Taehyung's waist back into a less awkward position.

"More like stand up gay." Groaned the man as Jeongguk's hand settled on his lower back with, again, the purpose of readjusting his posture. But his body had different things in mind, apparently. Because even under all the layers of clothes he wore due to the ice cold temperature, he could easily feel the heat radiate from the palm of Jeongguk's hand onto the sensitive skin of his back.

Jeongguk snorted at his comment but didn't say anything, merely giving the older's body a light push forwards to get him to move.

"And now slide!" And Taehyung did.

For about five seconds.

"Fuck." Jeongguk said when he found Taehyung on the floor
again. "You're really bad at this." The latter just glared at Jeongguk from the ground, a wince gracing his feature due to the ache on his butt.

Jeongguk felt a little bad for Taehyung, so with a small sigh he crouched down, just enough to be at the man's level.

"Why would you take me to an ice skating rink if you can't ice skate, Tae?" The ravenette inquired as he extended his hand for the older to take. Taehyung allowed the younger to help him up, not like he really had a choice anyway since all he could do was scramble to his legs and grab at Jeongguk's shoulders for support.

Taehyung couldn't help but huff at Jeongguk's words. In a way, he was right, and that only irritated him further. But still, he didn't regret bringing him here. Even if all he did was embarrass himself the whole time, at least Jeongguk seemed to have fun. Well, the fun was supposed to come from the activity rather than Taehyung's failed attempts at ice skating but he guessed it was still a win.

"I didn't think it would be so difficult to skate!" The older defended himself with an unusually whiny voice that made Jeongguk chuckle.

"Well." The boy secured his hands around Taehyung's waist to make sure he wouldn't slip again. "What do you say we go someplace where both of us can have a good time?"

At that, Taehyung let out a groan.

"We're not having sex in the restroom, Gguk."

"I wasn't thinking about that." Jeongguk replied with a light scoff, but his expression soon turned back to serious. "But now that you say it, maybe we-" the glare Taehyung sent his way was quick to seal his lips shut.

For a minute, at least.

"Restrooms aren't that bad, you know? I've done it in a closet once, so I'm used to not having a lot of space. Do you think we could both fit into a washing machine?"

The more Jeongguk rambled, the more Taehyung wanted to bang his head against the nearest wall. Or the ice beneath him. Either way, picturing Jeongguk in a washing machine wasn't exactly something he needed in his life.

"Jeongguk." It seemed as though the mere mention of his name made the boy stop talking and, in the span of a second, his attention was back on Taehyung.