Sixteen - What has she done?

Start from the beginning

I'd slept beside her tonight. I'd slept. I hadn't fucked her five times like young Vildon had fucked his bitch. No. Instead, I slept, holding her while she held me. It should have been my cock getting held in a tight embrace all night long!

I'd promised her we'd talk. I found the request strange when she asked me to, but now I was pleased, because it was a reason for her to stay here. Stay longer.

What would my father have said if he were alive and knew what I was thinking right now? Infatuated by a woman. A human! Because that's what I was. Infatuated.

I scoffed as I was about to reach my room.

The night is over, I told myself. You should want her to leave. She has done her job! She has taken your seed, and is now nothing but the vessel for your orc son to grow in. That's all she is.

That is her only purpose.

~

Whatever I'd said to convince myself I wasn't infatuated with this woman, it was all forgotten in a heartbeat once I'd entered my room and found her sniffling in front of the window. I didn't mention it and simply gave her the food she liked, and next thing I knew, she was admiring my muscles.

Admiring? A woman admiring an orc?

The whole speech I gave myself was useless. Utterly useless.

I couldn't keep myself from smiling and said, "Such an honest woman. Eat now, Gyda! You need to eat well. If admiring my muscles pleases you during breakfast, then, by all means, look at them all you want."

Fuck.

I truly was getting soft. And that was ridiculous, because I was the commander of the Azuk clan, for heaven's sake. Maybe seeing Ston and Betsy's behavior had made me this way...?

"I'm done," Gyda said, putting down an empty cup before wiping her milk mustache. "Have you already eaten?"

I nodded, looking at those lips. I cleared my throat. "So what is your first question, woman?" I asked.

"Uhm..." She bit her lip. "I had so many things I wanted to ask, but now, I have a hard time remembering one... Uh...oh, tell me about Borba. You mentioned that earlier. I didn't know the mountains had other names. I just know them as Asclan peaks."

"Together, they're called Asclan peaks," I answered. "The biggest of them all—the one you are in right now—is called Asclan. The mountain where we work in the mine is called Borba. Then we have Bazur and Mani, the two little ones."

"So in Borba you work, and in Asclan you live?" she asked.

"Yes."

"And do all orcs have rooms like yours?" she asked, intrigued.

"Most. Some prefer huts or tents. But I don't care where my men sleep. They can sleep outside in the open for all I care."

She shifted her position, turning to face me. "We sleep in houses," she said, eyes catching mine.

I laughed. "Yeah... I knew that."

"Hey, don't mock me." She slapped my shoulder and the playful gesture made my heart skip a beat. "I was taught nothing about the mountains or orcs," she said, looking at my shoulder. "Uh...sorry."

"You have quite a punch for a little lady," I said, rubbing my shoulder, feigning pain. I'd hardly felt it, though.

"Well, I live with thirteen nieces that always use me to horse around, so I'm fit." She smiled. "Tell me more."

"Like what?"

I flinched when one of her fingertips caressed a scar on my arm. "Like how did you get this? Is that another battle scar?"