Still Waters

Very sorry with how long this took to publish, I've had a lot of writer's block recently, and I've just had a lot on my mind in general. With that said, THANK YOU TO MY BETA READERS, Yevolas, BrianL3zz, and MOST IMPORTANTLY Lesbian_Lobster, WHO'S LEGIT MY CO-WRITER AT THIS POINT SHE HELPED SOOOO MUCH SHE EVEN CAME UP WITH THE TITLE

anyways enjoy lol took like two months to fuckin write

/♡Darryl♡\

The light that shines through my window is bright, almost enough to wake me on its own, if it wasn't for my alarm clock.

My hand instinctively smacked the off button, not even looking in its mere direction, as my eyes still squinted at the overwhelming rays of sun.

This would surely be one of the last days before the sun would dip from everyone's morning routine during October, or even as soon as later this month.

Within my heavy morning brain fog, I just now noticed the additional weight I felt on my chest.

What is that?

It stayed with every breath I took, and if I wasn't imagining things, it too was breathing.

My eyes began to adjust; becoming more relaxed with the light as I looked down onto my chest.

Oh.

It's just Zak.

Zak.

Oh.

Oh...

Zak's in my bed.

In my room.

How did he get here?

My mind refreshed the page, buffering, before I was able to remember yesterday.

Yesterday.

My heart swelled at the reminder that she was gone.

I felt confident and motivated to go to school today, or even tomorrow, when it was Saturday.

My head spun, in a good way.

He has been responsible for everything, including the feeling leaving me dizzy with joy.

The boy sleeping, head resting on my blanketed chest.

My heart swelled with pride at the thought that I had someone to do such acts for me.

He looked so peaceful.

So cute.

He breathed softly, his fluffy hair in a tangled mess.

My trance was broken as my alarm went off again, as I had assumed I had pressed snooze rather than off.

He stirred, burying his face further within the blanket as his arms wrapped around me.