Chapter 2

Chapter 2 DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the Percy Jackson characters! Last time I checked, I was female! (:

BOOM! My eyes shot open and I instinctively reached for my bow. I looked over to Leah to see that she had already jumped up and was about to peak out the door of our tent when I said " Leah, get down NOW!"

" Why?" she whispered back.

I signaled to the other side of our tent where there was a giant shadow walking past. Leah and I got down as low as we could and waited.

We waited for the shadow to pass then as quietly as possible, stood up and slowly looked out the door. It was giant. It was a hellhound. I could tell it was a female and strangely, she seemed friendly. She was just sniffing around as if she was curious to see what we were.

Leah notched an arrow in her bow and aimed. She was about to shoot her when I yelled, " No Leah!" big mistake. The hellhound the size of a hummer turned around. Leah screamed but I didn't feel especially threatened.

The hellhound got in a playful position that I recognized. She was going to pounce. She shook her furry rear-end. I braced myself to be eaten as she jumped. I was screaming even after i realized that she had jumped over us! I whirled around to see two people standing there. A man and a woman. The next thing I know, I see the hellhound standing behind the man and licking him!!!! All of a sudden, Thalia was standing next to me. Have I ever mentioned that she creeps me out?!

" Hello Percy. Annabeth," Thalia says next to me.

" how's life?" the woman named Annabeth asked.

" same old, same old! Leah, you go back to your tent and wait for Addison," Thalia said.

Leah nodded and headed back to our tent to wait. I turned back to the strange people and the hellhound that was licking the man. I must have

had a strange look on my face because he smiled at me and said, " you're not scared of her are you? She is actually the only friendly hellhound there is. Her name is Mrs. O'Leary!"

When the hellhound heard her name, her furry ears shot up and she looked around to find the sound. After a few

seconds, she got bored and sauntered off into the woods. Her tail was a one-dog wrecking machine! It was knocking over trees left and right!