Will the Wise (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"We are very much the same." Mr. Clarke continued. "When we encounter danger, our hearts start pounding. Our palms start to sweat. These are the signs of the physical and emotional state we call...fear."

~~~

After school, Mike and I decided to use the school's phone line and call Will's home phone. "I don't know, Mike..." I said, after it continued to dial. "Maybe he's with his mom and the chief." I heard it click, and then I heard Will's mom talking through the voice mail.

"Hey, you've reached the Byers. We're sorry..."

Mike put the phone down and sighed.

He turned to look at me with a frown and I placed my hand over his cheek. We hurried back to Lucas who was waiting for us. "Anything?" He asked.

"We need to talk." Mike said, holding his hand in mine. "AV room. Right now." We started to walk inside the school with him and Max started to get her skateboard to follow us, until Mike stopped her. "Party members only."

Dustin and I exchanged looks. "Come on, Mike." He said, since I wasn't able to get through to him the other day.

"No! This is non-negotiable." Mike said. He pulled me into the school with him.

"I'm so sorry, Max." I managed to apologize and she looked away from me.

"Sorry, Max." Lucas and Dustin also whispered to her.

~~~

"Will didn't want me or (Y/n) to tell anyone." Mike said in the AV room. He and I were sitting together on the desk and we faced my brother and Lucas. "On Halloween night, he saw a sort of shadowy figure in the sky."

"A shadow?" Lucas asked, then looked at me. "What kind of shadow, (Y/n)?"

I shrugged, and felt Mike rub the side of my hand with his thumb. "I don't know." I frowned, "But it scared him and it scared me."

"And if Will really has True Sight..." Mike said, and corrected himself. "I mean, if he can really see into the Upside Down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday."

"So that's why he was frozen like that." Dustin said.

"Maybe." I said.

"Can it hurt him?" Lucas asked. "I mean, if this shadow thing isn't from our world-"

"I'm not sure...Dustin?"

"Well, if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane, so theoretically, no, the shadow can't hurt him." Dustin said.

"Yeah, if that's even what's happening." Mike said.

"This isn't DND." I said. "This is real life."

"So what do we do?" Lucas asked.

"We acquire more knowledge." Mike said. "(Y/n) and I will go to Will's after school. See what's going on. You guys stay here and find Dart."

"Dart?" Dustin asked defensively. "What's he gotta do with this?"

"Will heard him in the Upside Down. I don't know yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. He's gotta be. If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will."

I looked at my brother who's eyes were - dare I say it, darting all over the place, like he was hiding something. I knew he was hiding something, but I didn't want to push him if he was. I had a feeling he knows where Dart is, and I told myself that I'd be there to listen when he tells me.

~~~

*Third Person POV*

"This is more of the same." Joyce grabbed the rest of the drawings from Will's room, and took it over to Hopper.