chapter 6- Fun and Games

-A Few Days Later-

I walk around the compound, but notice Bruce standing there with a tablet and a hologram of a person.

"What's that?" I ask, pointing at the hologram.

"Oh, I'm examining your powers and where they come from," Bruce explains.

I step forwards, folding my arms over my chest and staring at the hologram of me.

"Weird," I say, turning to Bruce.

"I know. Looking at yourself as a hologram is always weird."

"Where powers come from?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

"Oh, well, they come from your entire being. You've always had these powers, and they're unexplained, considering your parentage."

"Who my parents?"

"Oh, I'm not the one who you should talk to about that."

I nod, but turn to the door and see Steve.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk to you, Y/n," Steve says.

I nod, walking with him to the living room. We both sit down, and I tap my foot lightly on the ground, waiting for him to start.

"I don't think you should date Parker-"

"What?!"

"Until you remember everyone and everything in this house. You're vulnerable like this."

"Not your decision," I say firmly.

"It is until you get your memory back."

"It my life! You have no right!"

"End of discussion. Now go tell that boy that you're going to take a break from him until you're ready."

"I am ready. You not boss of me! I do whatever I want, you can't say otherwise!" I get up and turn to the door.

"Get back here, young lady!"

I pull the middle finger up at him, walking back to the lab and to Bruce.

"Are you okay?" Bruce asks, noticing my sour mood.

"No, I'm not okay."

"Another fight with Steve?"

"Yeah. He just doesn't understand me. He thinks I'm some child who always needs to be checked on. Make sure I'm not doing anything 'reckless' and it pisses me of. I'm sick of it!" I say, plopping onto a chair.

"How long have you been like this? Fighting with him?"

"3 days?"

Bruce grabs another chair and sits next to me, taking off his science goggles.

"Look, Y/n, the reason he's tough on you is because he loves you. I know Steve, and he's not the type to be rude and strict if he didn't have his reasons. He wants to discipline you. He loves you, I know he does. And I bet, he'll walk in here any minute now to apologise."

I give Bruce a tight hug, and he kisses my forehead, giving me a squeeze.

"I love you, Brucey. Thank you."

"Yeah, I okay, Brucey," I answer him, smiling.

"Brucey?" He asks, smiling back.

"I remember."

"Y/n, I know I'm the last person you want to hear from, but can I speak to you?" Steve asks.

I hesitantly follow him out to the corridor, looking down.

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry. I just don't like that boy, if I'm being honest. And I need to know that he won't hurt you."

"He won't. He loves me."

"And I love you, but I need to be sure."

"I am sure."

Steve pulls me into his arms, and I place a little kiss to his cheek.

I have a feeling that that was a little too quick for a fight, but I shrug it off.

I head to my room and get ready to go out with Peter 1 and Peter 2 for the rest of the day.

I wear a cute Autumn-orange crop-top and a black zip-up hoodie, some dark-grey leggings and some Jordans.

I tie my hair into a messy bun, leaving 2 strands of hair free from the front. Wearing some natural makeup, I grab my phone and place it in my hoodie pocket, walking outside.

Both Peters are waiting for me outside. Smiling at them, we walk to the carnival downtown, Peter 2 talking about his universe.

~~~~~

About 45 minutes later, we're here. I glance at all the bright, colourful lights as if this is the first time I've been to a carnival.

That's when I spot the cliché ball toss game, running over there quickly.

The other 2 rush after me, looking at the toy options.

I pay for a turn, then chuck a ball into a tower of cans, knocking almost all of them over.

"Yes!" I yell, throwing my fist into the air.

"What toy?" The employee asks.

"Um... panda, please," I say, pointing at it.

He smiles, then hands it to me. I give it a little squeeze, then run over to a strength tester.

"You guys should try this one!" I say, excited as I cuddle my toy.

"Come on, Y/n, you'd know what would happen."

"Yeah, Peter 2 is right. It's better if we don't," Peter 1 adds.

"You guys are so boring. Come on!" I say, handing my toy panda to Peter 1.

Taking the hammer, I clutch it firmly, then smash it into the trigger, the bell shooting up and flying into the air.

"Shit," I whisper, the bell slowly falling.

I quickly jump high, using the air to push me up and catching the bell, safely landing.

I put it back, giving money to the employee to fix it and for my turn.

I call a small 'sorry' before walking off with the 2 Peters.

"Well, that was a bummer," Peter 1 says.

"But we're not going to let it ruin our day. Come on, I think there's some rides up ahead."

I chuckle at the memory, then turn to the 2 Peters.

"Still think shouldn't try after what I pulled last time?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Wouldn't count on it," both Peters say together, smiling.

We move on to the game where you shoot cans with a toy gun. Peter 2 gives this game a try, winning a toy koala.

"Small brain, like me!" I joke, pointing at myself.

Peter 1 starts laughing, but Peter 2 turns to me.

"Why would you say that about yourself, you shouldn't think of yourself like that."

"It a joke," I explain, giving him a look.

"Oh."

"Anyway, I think there's some rides up ahead," Peter 1 says, all of us dashing to the rides.

---

○○○○○memory restored- 55%○○○○○