Rooster's face dropped and his heart sank. This was the woman he thought he was going to spend the rest of his life with. 

"Who is he? I at least deserve that" 

"Jake Seresin" 

"How was training?" Flynn asked as Rooster was driving them to the beach. 

"Very challenging but that's nothing new," he chuckled, "Did you have a nice day?" 

"Not too bad, although Mav had a fuck tonne of paperwork to sort through which sucked" 

"A downside to work experience I guess" 

"Could be worse, could be flying an F-18," she teased. 

"Well, you got me there" 

The two of them soon arrived at the beach, the sun just beginning to set in the distance. Rooster offered his arm for her to link which she did, before they walked along the sand. 

"I've always loved the sea, nothing gives me peace quite like hearing the waves roll onto the sand," Flynn admired. 

"It's always been beautiful here. Some of the only memories I have of my dad is on this beach" 

"He'd be so proud of you Rooster" 

"Well, I'm not too sure about that one," he awkwardly let out a laugh as they decided to sit on the sand. 

"What makes you say that?" 

"He wouldn't want me to hold grudges, yet I can't let what Mav did go. And neither can I with Hangman" 

"Mav deserves a chance to explain himself. Hangman, well, I don't know. But your dad would want you to be happy" 

"Can I ask you something?" 

"Of course" 

"What do you see in Hangman?" 

Flynn was taken back by the question. 

"Rooster I..." 

"There must be something about him that makes you forget about what he said the other day? About the things that he's done" 

"I'm not sure I..." 

"Fanboy told me he saw you with Hangman at the Hard Deck last night, alone. Flynn, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. You need to stay away from him," Rooster warned. 

"I get you're upset but what I do has nothing to do with you, I'm old enough to make my own decisions, I'm not a kid anymore," Flynn defended, getting irritated by the pilot. 

"He will hang you out to dry when you no longer give him what he wants. The clue is in his name. He doesn't want you Flynn, he wants to get one up on me" 

"Are you for real? Not everything is about you Rooster. Maybe if you weren't such an ass my sister would never have..." 

Flynn gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, not realising what she was about to say. 

"Your sister would have never what? Cheated on me with Hangman? Would never have left our relationship to be with someone who dropped her the first moment he got? Would never have betrayed my trust for a fuck with someone who isn't capable of loving anyone but himself?" Rooster pushed. 

"Rooster I'm so sorry I didn't mean..." 

"Save it Flynn, but don't come crying to me when he inevitably breaks you" 

Rooster then stood up and began heading to the car. 

"Rooster wait!" Flynn protested, grabbing his arm, "Please, just wait" 

He softened at the sound of hurt in her voice. 

"I'm sorry for what he did to you, I really am. But I'm not going to let you make me feel like a bad guy because of something that happened that had nothing to do with me. You don't get to do that"

"I think it's for the best that we don't speak to each other anymore" 

"What? Why would you even think that?" 

"I can't be friends with someone who's fucking around with that douche. So, it's your choice. Him or me?" 

"Wow, is that really what this has come to?" 

"Your choice Flynn" 

"You know what? I can't be friends with someone who'd even think about making me choose between them and someone else. Fuck you," she pushed past him. 

Why did men have to be such dicks?