Was that so wrong?

'Don't be selfish.. I got more then enough.. I should be thankful.. right-?' I forced a smile to appear on my face and gave my mother a curt nod.

We all exchanged a few more 'pleasantries', before I and a few of my sisters were transported towards the palace in a horse carriage.

I held the curtain from the carriage and looked out the window. Staring into the unknown, the distance.

'Soon.. My life will change.. Let me ingrain the outside.. In my mind.'

I was lost in thought and didn't notice that my 'sisters' were ridiculing me.
Though I was the first born daughter from the main wife..

'I'm cursed.'

My blood red eyes..
Make people fear me.

I'm a demon..

I'm cursed..

'"They're ugly."'
Every time I hear that..
I force a smile and brush over that subject..

'I might look 'beautiful' but my eyes.. Aren't it.'

I just hope I'll stay unnoticed..

'The more I'm favored the easier and quicker I'll die.'

I and my sisters soon arrived at the Imperial Palace and were escorted to the Celebration hall.
I really hope that I won't be chosen.. After all..

Today, is the concubine selection.

I entered the Celebration hall reluctantly, unlike most daughters from prominent families

I entered the Celebration hall reluctantly, unlike most daughters from prominent families. 'Everyone' wanted to be selected..
I just, can't understand, why?

I get it.. yet I don't.

I was able to recognize pretty much everyone, yet, there was this one particular child. I had no clue who her father was, I did not recognize her, thus, she stuck out like a sore thump. 

She was quite beautiful, her eyes.. You could say, were hypnotizing, she has.. Gorgeous blue eyes and.. oddly enough, a slit in between. It was by no means normal, yet, I adored it.

Then, the next thing I noticed was that, she had really long hair, it was waist length and it was a pretty shade of brown. Dark brown.. It wasn't just plainly straight either, it was.. Wavy.

Just, who was she? Honestly, my curiosity was peaked and it would soon be satiated, since she would also have her turn of being called.

Then we were all slowly 'presented' one by one.

'Like some mere products..' I couldn't help but to snort at myself mockingly.

"Chán Juān, the first legitimate daughter of the prime ministers house."
An eunuch of the emperor stated.