𝟎𝟎𝟏 • 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙊𝙉𝙂: 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 (𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁. 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗽𝘂𝘁𝗵)

' Hold every memory as you go
And every road you take
Will always lead you home, home
It's been a long day without you, my friend '

CASSIDY BROOKE WASN'T really all too sure as to why she had been called into this meeting. She was currently, and gratefully so, enjoying time off while her squadron went their separate ways for the time being. She was two weeks into this well-earned vacation, and had been looking forward to the next three weeks of time off. However, a different commanding officer had called her in and there was no way to decline such an offer as much as she could have wanted to. She walked into the office on base, with the man sitting in front of her waiting expectantly. The room, usually inhabited by no one, was reserved for moments like this, she assumed. There were many things that she didn't know about the inner workings of the Navy, but assumed that this was just an empty room for an official briefing or another slew of orders.

"Sir," she said, standing up straight out of practice, eyes set forward.

"Cassidy 'Firestarter' Brooke," the man said, a grimace of distaste in his voice. She nodded. "Arguably one of the best pilots we've seen in a damn long time. Arguably. You know, if it were up to me, then I wouldn't be here at all. I'd been over seeing your wingman. What's his callsign?"

"Phantom," she answered, unaware to what his problem was to with her. "He's off training with the Black Aces right now, sir," she informed. Her close friend Phoenix's squad. Automatically, that meant that she and the other pilots she worked closely with were given a break off while Phantom worked his ass off.

"Hmm," the man before her said with an ugly expression on his face. "But to reasons that I am so clearly unaware of, Admiral Beau Simpson has need of your assistance. He wants you back in Fightertown as soon as possible." She nodded, wondering what the current instructor of Top Gun possibly required of her, but she assumed that it was her location. Her residency in San Diego and training was located closer than most to Fightertown. "He wants you and others back to return to Top Gun," the commander in front of her finished.

"Sir?" she asked, making sure that she hadn't misheard him.

"Back to Top Gun, Lieutenant," the officer repeated. "He's sent out the messages to other pilots across the country. He wants to know if you're accepting or declining this offer."