𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

Start from the beginning

"Thank you!" I gasped with a huge grin, while I tied the first side of the braid. "You're welcome, boat ride you're going on?" my father questioned, as I took a bite of one of the strawberries.

"Pouge ride," I whispered while I started the other side of my hair.

"Are you and JJ a thing, since you know, he carried you to your room last night?" I heard my mom speak up as she winked at me. "No." I giggled thinking about it. "Mhm." They both hummed not believing it.

"I have a crush on him, Kiara, Pope, and John b said he has a crush on me too," I declared shrugging my shoulders. "Are you guys gonna date?" my mother gasped.

"I don't know, well Elle blew my freaking cover, so now he probably knows."

"She told him?" my father asked astonished. "Yes, she was like "Madalyn has a crush on you", but I covered her mouth before she can finish the sentence,"

"It's okay Demie, he has a crush on you too. I notice the way he looks at you and talks about you." my father reassured me while he took a strawberry from the bowl.

"That's what everyone says!" I groaned out in frustration while I tied my last braid. "So, then it's true!" my mother cheered.

"Yeah maybe,"

"Anyways, where's Elle and Nolan?" I questioned looking since I didn't hear chaos in the house.

"Elle's Watching Moana in her room, and Nolans at practice." My mother explained as I nodded my head. "Oh, of course," I mumbled while I continued eating my strawberries.

A few moments later, I heard my phone ring on top of the vanity. I glanced at it and saw JJ's icon pop up of him laughing.

"It's JJ." I cheered, with a massive grin. "Sh, don't say not one freaking word about this convo," I warned. "Yeah, yeah." they both said excitedly to hear our conversation.

"Hey, babypouge." I heard my best friend JJ speak up on the other line. "Hey, Jay" I laughed, while I continued eating my strawberries.

"We're on our way," JJ mumbled as the engine started getting a lot louder than before. "Okay, on my way," I rushed up, snatching my black sunglasses out of my drawer.

"Okay, bye ma'lady," JJ whispered, while my smile grew at least 10 times bigger. "Bye Jay." I giggled quickly hanging up.

"M'lady?" my father gasped, raising his eyebrow in curiosity. "Yes, I love that name." My cheeks flushed, with bright pink while I snatched my tiny backpack.

"Bye mom, bye dad," I whispered, hugging them and kissing their cheek.  "Be careful!" my father noted rubbing my back.

"If I'm with JJ that's not definitely not gonna happen." I laughed, directing to our rebellious acts when we were together.

"Demie, is that a sex-related joke? I really hope it's not." my mother spoke up, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Not really. Unless you want it to be." I winked before I saw her jaw drop. "Holy shit." I gasped lowly, genuinely surprised at how I said that to my mother.

I took the final bite of my strawberry and quickly walked out of my room. I ran down the stairs rapidly and walked into the kitchen.

I opened the compartment above the oven and grabbed loads of gushers enough for me and the pouges.

I closed the cabinet and walked over to the back sliding door leading to the dock. I opened and closed it behind me and noticed they weren't here.

I decided to sit on the brown coffee chair and slide my glasses on my face since the sun was practically beaming on me.