The Hardest Things

We managed to pull the pipe out of Thomas' eye and cleaned up the blood that was everywhere. Around this time Jem Cole arrived back with Trevor and couldn't believe all they had missed. Mrs.Kyndley made an eyepatch that we put over Thomas' exposed eye socket and tied it around his funnel to keep it from falling off.

Gordon requested that he spoke with Thomas

Gordon requested that he spoke with Thomas. He needed to apologize for what he had done to the poor engine. We moved Thomas into the shed and Gordon explained that ever since he left Vicarstown he had been hearing voices in his head. They belittled and tormented him calling him worthless and failure. Coupling that to the fact he had lost his closest friends hit his mentality hard. Kieth had a theory for why Gordon went so mad. After Gordon's suicide attempt he noticed that Gordon had a leak in his water tank and realized that when Gordon ran over the zombies while escaping Vicarstown the infected blood must have gotten into his tanks and when he released the steam he must've gotten it out of his systems which explains the red hue. That would mean that Gordon had been infected but he was never turned. We came to two conclusions. Either it was because Gordon wasn't actually bitten or Gordon may be immune. We weren't too sure and honestly I still don't know but we liked to think he's immune.

Thomas eventually forgave his old friend knowing that the situation Gordon was in was rough and didn't blame him for trying to take his life. Thomas said that a few times during all of this he considered it, but pushed on. This seemed to have helped Gordon and he asked to be alone to think for a while. As I was moving Thomas out of the shed I noticed Duck and Oliver sitting at some buffers facing the sun which was rising over the horizon. Thomas asked to go by Duck because he wanted to speak with him. Once I moved Thomas over I noticed Duck had changed. His face had turned pale and had a light hue of green. Duck stated he didn't have long left before he turns and wanted to spend his minutes staring at the sunrise picturing the ground below as the ocean. We all grew horribly depressed knowing there was nothing we could do for our friend and all watched in silence hoping to make Duck's final moment peaceful. Duck soon began coughing, his nose began to bleed and soon his tears were replaced with blood. He started to rattle and shake it was unnatural and Oliver couldn't watch the fate of his friend. Duck's speech then became incoherent and that's when I knew it was time. I walked up to the little westerner, raised my gun, aimed it at his forehead and pulled the trigger.