Chapter 2

Imani

Imani

"This is where you'll be staying," The butler says, bowing his head as he opens the door. My room is at the end of the hall. I gasped as I slowly walked into the room. The room is enormous. There is a small waiting room area that leads to double doors. Opening the doors leads to the bedroom.

"This is beautiful," I said.  The halls look hand-painted. I touch the walls looking at every detail. 

"I feel like I've seen this before?" I said to myself. The painting reminds me of the paintings my mother used to paint back at home. In contrast, others look like I have been there before. Flowers are everywhere, a waterfall, and a white wolf standing on top. The bed is in the middle of the bedroom. I see another door that leads to a walk-in closet.  

The room has a balcony overlooking the river and the palace's land.  I open the doors to the balcony and enjoy the sunset  None of this feels real. And I don't know if I will ever get used to it.  

How do you feel, star? I asked my wolf. 

I feel at home. I want to take a run later.  She answers. 

I heard a buzzing sound in the room and walked toward the sound. 

There is an intercom on the wall. I press the button.

"Hello?" I said, confused. 

"Ms. Imani, please be ready for dinner by 7:30 pm"

"Okay," I answered back. 

Nervous about dinner, I call Zoe.

"You wanna go home already?" Zoe says, answering the phone. I laughed. 

"No, girl! You have to see my room it's amazing." I said, getting excited. "I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight." I sit on my bed. 

"Yeah, our room is nice too." 

"Are you getting ready for dinner?" I asked. 

"Yes, mom is in the shower."

"Do you know what you are going to wear?" I asked. 

"Jeans. I plan to go to bed after dinner. That flight was no joke." She said. 

"I'm nervous," I said. 

"I am too. But don't worry, you are not alone. At most, they will probably ask us questions. If anything, I hope no one talks to me."  She says 

"I don't even know what to wear. Do I wear jeans too? or a dress? I mean, do you think the King will be there too?" I asked, getting up and walking towards my luggage.