Abejou [Nathaniel x Bee!Reader]

Beginne am Anfang

"I'm so happy for you, Nate," She continued, looking at the boy. "You've been wanting a chance to get to know her for so long. Who knew it would be so easy?"

He looked at her with reverence, humming with a closed-mouth grin. "I can hardly believe it myself. Every adventure she had, every story from the Akumas up until now, it's all here. I... I can't believe I have something like this."

"Did Marinette say where she got it?"

He shook his head. "She said she wanted me to finish it first. Then she would talk to me about it. I want to hurry so we can talk, but I also don't want to put this down yet."

"I know, but it's okay. After all, you've seen these adventures before. You're just getting a personal experience!"

While his eyes were bright and hopeful, his smile did falter just a little. He looked at his friend. "You... You don't think this could be some kind of sick joke, do you?"

"It's Marinette," She assured, placing a hand on his shoulder. "She would never lie to you."

-----------------------------------------------

"(Y/n) (L/n)?"

The girl who had ducked underneath the school stairs looked up at the spotted Heroine, slowly stepping out.

"What happened to Nathaniel?" Was the first question she asked, eyes narrowed toward Ladybug with her hand gripping her phone. She had just gotten a text from the boy, a long message saying how everything he had read was a lie. Every word in that book belonged to someone else. He had his hopes up for nothing. And now that Ladybug was out, she could only assume the worst.

Ladybug sensed where she was going with her question, and she held up her hands.

"Nathaniel wasn't the one Akumatized."

This gave (Y/n) some relief, and her expression eased just a little.

"But the boy he met with did. He's got a dangerous power and is after Nathaniel and a girl named Marinette. He's fast and attacks suddenly, so it might not be long before he finds them."

(Y/n)'s heart sank, her eyes widening as she gripped the rail of the stairs. She held up her phone to ask where he was and if he was safe, only to be stopped by Ladybug's hand holding onto her wrist.

"Do you want to help?"

(Y/n) froze mid-sentence, a small gasp escaping her as her fingers hovered over the screen. She looked up at the bug hero, only now noticing a small brown box in her opposite hand. She looked her in the eyes as Ladybug gave a reassuring smile.

"You're Nathaniel's friend, right? I know you must be worried, and I know how much you care about his feelings. I've been told by other students he couldn't wait to tell you about whatever he had found today, and how happy he seemed to share it with you. I think if anyone can help protect him, it's you. But only if you want to."

(Y/n) heard about stuff like this. How Ladybug recruited holders whenever she felt like she needed to. But now, her? It would have been much cooler, much more thrilling, if not for the circumstances. Her friend was in danger. She couldn't stand by. She tucked her phone into her pocket and gave a firm nod.