𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"To the happiest memories, now and forever

"To the happiest memories, now and forever..."

  It was one of those nights during the summer of 1976. Joyful, lovely and oh just beautiful. The boys were staying over at James' house, and no day or night went by when they didn't have fun.

The Potter manor just felt like home; warm and welcoming. What made it more special was the people living there, Euphemia and Fleamont Potter or as the boys described them, absolute angles. It was the middle of the night and everyone was asleep, or thats what it appeared.

The sky was a sight to behold, a softly glittering blanket of stars and the bright, beautiful Cresent moon rising through the darkness. The only sound was the wind whistling through the trees and the occasional chirping of crickets here and there.

A boy, laid down on his bed kept staring aimlessly at the roof of his room. His thoughts keeping him awake from the hours. A rumbling sound coming from his stomach interrupted his train of thoughts. It had been a few hours since he had dinner.

Back at hogwarts his friends and him would take a trip to the kitchen. But, of course he wouldn't be able to sleep without eating and so he did the first thing that came to his mind; go to his friends.

The long haired boy slowly crept out of his room, careful not to make a sound. You would think, he had experience. The young man decided to go to the nearest room. He could see little light coming from the room, even though the door was closed.

He reluctantly opened the door, not wanting to wake up his friend with a shock, although that would be hilarious. The scene he was met up with was funny yet questioning.

"What are you doing?" Questioned the boy with an unsure tone.

The bespectacled boy jumped up a little at the sudden sound and looked up to see his best friend. The messy haired boy was holding a vase and he seemed to be changing the setting of his room, in the middle of the night. He kept the vase at its place carefully and nervously pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Nothing." The boy answered in a weirdly high pitched price before clearing his throat and answering in his normal voice. "What are you doing up this late?"

"I could ask you the same question." Sirius replied, on the verge on laughing at James' state. James didn't say anything and kept his mouth shut.

"Anyways, I am hungry." Spoke Sirius, and dramatically fell on his friend's bed as if he had just done labor.

"Okay then let's go." James nodded, immediately getting the idea of what Sirius was implying on. It was the time to cook, but before they had to wake the others. Next stop was Remus' room. The manor had enough rooms for all of them.

Now, James and Sirius didn't walk to the room, quietly like normal humans, instead they pretended to be ninjas. Finally, reaching the door, they slowly opened it to find the boy peacefully sleeping on his bed. The light coming from the moon, falling on the boy's face, making the scars on his face look prettier.