Violet had just finished tying the laces of her air force's when Jeremiah barged into the room.

"You ready to go party?" The bubbly boy questioned.

"Definitely." She smiled looking Jeremiah up and down. "You look good Jere. Almost as good as me." Violet winked grabbing her phone and exiting her and Conrad's shared room.

"You know I'd argue but you do look good Lettie." The blonde boy flirted. "If you ever get bored of Connie you know where to find me."

"Jeremiah! Stop flirting with your brother's girlfriend!" Steven shouted walking out of his room and playfully pushing Jeremiah.

Violet laughed as she watched the two boys begin play fighting. "While you two nerds continue whatever this is." She said motioning towards the terrible excuse of a chokehold Jeremiah had Steven in. "I'm going to go get Conrad."

Neither boy payed any attention to the red haired teen as she made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. She paused as she reached the glass doors that led out to the pool. From inside she could see Conrad sitting with his legs in the water while Belly floated in front of him.

Violet wasn't sure why but she felt a small bit of jealousy at how close the two seemed to be.

♒︎

As Conrad was taking a drag from his joint he sighed, noticing Belly come out the back door dressed in her swim suit.

"Shit." He silently cursed trying to act like he hadn't noticed her.

Belly's heart fluttered as she looked at the brooding boy sitting by the pool. This was finally her chance to talk to him alone. She didn't have to worry about the moms, or Steven and Jeremiah, and she certainly didn't have to worry about Violet.

"I thought you said smoking pot changes the way your brain processes information."

"So does your cell phone." He shot back not sparing her a glance as she swam closer to him.

"You said marijuana messes with white matter." Belly replied not giving up.

"Do you even know what white matter is?"

"You said o-our brains are still developing and that..."

"God, do you memorize every single thing that I've ever said?" Conrad sarcastically asked.

"Get over yourself." The girl scoffed not liking how rude Conrad was acting. "I mean, you're the one who said that smoking's dumb and that real athletes don't put shit in their bodies."

"I said a lot of stuff, and I'm not an athlete anymore, so..." The older boy shrugged taking a hit from his joint.

"Well, I still think you should quit." Belly said determinedly.

"What'll you give me if I do?"

"Nothing. I think you should quit for yourself."  She mumbled awkwardly turning away from him. Belly did not want him to see the faint blush that coated her cheeks.

"Hey, why are you considering this debutante thing?" Conrad asked. He knew Violet was doing it for his mom but he couldn't understand why Belly was considering it.