Will the Wise (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

When I spoke, my voice was...trembling. "I...I was on the field, and then it...it all just went blank, and then you were there. I saw (Y/n) crying with Mike."

"Will, I need you to tell me the truth." She whispered, shaking her head.

My throat was caught with sobs in between, "I am."

I don't understand why she couldn't believe me.

She walked away and then came back with a sheet of paper. I looked at the familiar shadow she drew on the parchment paper, and she patted on it. "This shape, I saw it on the video tape from Halloween night. It's the same shape as...as your drawings. These episodes you're having, I think Dr. Owens is wrong. I think they're real. But...But I can't help you if you I don't know what's going on. So you have to talk to me. Please."

I turned to mom quietly, and felt my face wet from the tears.

"No more secrets, okay?"

I nodded slightly, but I was still nervous about telling her completely everything.

"Okay..." She said, "Did...Did you see this thing again on the field?"

I remembered feeling the shadow creeping up on me back in the Upside Down. I looked at mom, nodding and said, "Yes."

"What...What is it?"

Tears formed in my eyes as I tried to picture the monster rising to the sky. "I don't know." I said, my breath shaky. "It's almost more like a feeling."

"Like the one you had at the arcade?" Mom asked me.

I remembered the night that everything was perfectly fine until the storm appeared. I saw the lightning and it casted over the monster to reveal itself. "Yes..."

"What does it want?" Mom stammered.

I thought about it some more, and I'm remembering myself running through the school hallways. "I don't know." I said. "It came for me, and...I tried. I tried to make it go away. But it got me, mom." I couldn't help it anymore. She placed her hand over her mouth and I let the tears flow down my face. It was so hard. It was terrifying, and it wasn't like any other nightmare.

"Well, what does that mean?" She asked.

"I felt it...everywhere. Everywhere." I couldn't speak. It was so hard to speak to her and every time I spoke, something got caught in my throat, and I just wanted all this to end. "I still feel it. I just want this to be over." I cried in her arms and she pulled me in.

"It's okay. It's okay." She soothed, rubbing my back as I sobbed. "Hey. Listen. Look. Look at me." She put me back at arms length and I looked at her through my tears. "I will never, ever let anything bad happen to you again. Neither will (Y/n). She protected you that night. We will never let anything hurt you. Whatever's going on in you, we're going to fix it. I will fix it." Mom had a look of determination in her eyes. "I promise. I'm here." I felt her pull me back in her arms again, and I cried so much that my throat ached.

~~~

*Third person POV*

Eleven had walked back after seeing if her friends were all right. She had been hurting, emotionally. She had no idea what that felt like in her heart until now when she saw (Y/n) and Mike kiss. She knew that they had feelings together, but she had no idea they were official.

She walked up to the cabin where Hopper was waiting. He had a cigarette in his hand, and she took a deep breath. Eleven knew this was coming.

Eleven walked in the cabin, and Hopper followed her. He felt anger, and threw the door closed behind him. She had broken that one rule.

""Friends don't lie"." Hopper repeated her line. "Isn't that your bullshit saying?"

Eleven started to walk into her room, and close the door, but Hopper followed her.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" He screamed. "Don't walk away from me!"

He managed to stop her from closing the door, but Eleven turned around. She looked at him in the eye, and mustered up all her feelings together.

"Where'd you go on your little field trip, huh?" Hopper asked as she took off her jacket. "Where? Did you go see Mike? Are you happy now you finally saw those two together?"

"They didn't see me." She looked away. "They looked...happy together."

"Yeah, well, that mother and daughter did and they called the cops." Hopper said, walking inside the room. "Now, did anyone else see you? Anyone at all? Come on, I need you to think!"

"Nobody saw me!" She gritted her teeth.

"You put us in danger. You realize that, right?"

"You promised...I go!" She rose her voice angrily. "And I never leave! Nothing ever happens!"

"Yeah, nothing happens and you stay safe!" Hopper slammed his hand on the dresser table that made Eleven jump.

"You lie!" She roared at him.

"I don't lie." Hopper said, after placing his hand over his forehead. "I protect and I feed and I teach! And all I ask of you is that you follow three simple rules! Three rules. And you know what? You can't even do that!"

Hopper walked out on Eleven who banged her fists on the dresser table.

"You're grounded." Hopper came walking back. "You know what that means? It means no Eggos-" Hopper threw the box out of the fridge. "And no T.V for a week." He walked over to the T.V and tried to pick it up which was glued to the ground. He looked over at Eleven who's eyes were focused on the T.V. He stood up straight to see the nose bleed. "All right, knock it off. Let go." She shook her head at him. He tried to take it from the ground and he looked back at her. "Okay, two weeks." Once more he tried to pull it from the ground, and it stayed put. "Let go!" He said, annoyed. Eleven continued to shake her head. "A month."

"No." She said.

"Well, congratulations." Hopper said. "You just graduated from no T.V for a month to no T.V at all!"

He plugged the cables.

"No!" She screamed. She marched over to the antennas attached to the T.V.

"You have got to understand that there are consequences to your actions." Hopper said, calmly.

"You are like Papa!" Eleven turned and screamed at him.

"Really?" Hopper asked, putting his hand to his forehead again. "I'm like that psychotic son of a bitch? Wow! All right. You want to go back in the lab?" Eleven started to cry. She shook her head. "One phone call, and I can make that happen."

"I hate you!" She snapped.

"Yeah, well, I'm not so crazy about you, either. You know what? 'Cause you're a brat. You know what that word means? How about that be that word for the day, huh? Brat. Why don't we look it up? B-R-A-T. Brat." He threw her the dictionary, and she stopped it with her powers. Eleven raised her hand and it stopped in mid-air. She chucked it at Hopper who slapped it down before it hit him. "Hey! What the hell is wrong with you?"

He walked forward, and then the couch slid over to him. She made it happen and Hopper nearly toppled over.

"Hey!" He said and watched her walk away. "Hey!"

She threw her hand outward and a bookshelf fell to the ground.

Hopper tried to follow her into her room until she raised her hand up in the air to make the door close. "OPEN THIS DOOR." Hopper yelled. "Open the damn door! You wanna go out in the world? You better grow up! Grow the hell up!"

He heard the scream. That shrill, piercing scream. He ducked to protect himself from the windows being shattered. Almost everything in the house was destroyed. Hopper looked around the cabin in complete shock.