The Pollywog (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

"Maybe he should be dead." Mike said.

"Mike," I scolded.

"How can you say that?" Dustin asked, and I winced.

"How can you not?" Mike asked. "You heard your sister. He's from the Upside Down."

"Maybe." I repeated on that theory.

"But even if he is, it doesn't automatically mean that he's bad." Dustin said.

"That's like saying because someone's from the Death Star doesn't make them bad." Mike said.

The next words had hurt me. "We have a bond." Dustin frowned.

"A bond?" Mike kept going. "Just because he likes nougat?"

"Mike!" I said. "Please, calm down."

"And no, he trusts me!" Dustin argued.

"He trusts you?" Lucas slowly asked.

"Yes, I promised I would take care of him." Dustin started to say and then we all jumped, hearing Dart screech loudly in the box. The box started to rattle on the table, and we all backed away slowly.

Max continued to bang her fist at the door. "Guys, (Y/n), what's going on? Come on."

I felt bad for being forced to ignore Max. Mike kept his other arm around my shoulder to keep me protected from Dart. Mike looked over and grabbed the microphone attached to the radio.

"Don't hurt him!" Dustin pleaded.

"Only if he attacks." Mike said, and I kept my hands on his shoulders.

"Just open it already!" Lucas said.

"I prefer we keep it closed?" I said. "Just a food for thought."

Dustin grabbed the control panel and the lid popped open. Dart rolled out. He had gotten bigger.

"Holy shit." Lucas and I gasped.

Mike backed up into me and continued to protected me from Dart, while having the microphone in the other hand. We watched in shock as Dart grew pairs of arms.

"Ugh!" I made a disgusted sound. Dustin covered his mouth with his fist to try not to barf.

Lucas squealed, "Oh, shit!"

The three of us on the other end of the table backed away.

Dart screeched at me and Mike and Mike decided to take it upon himself to attack Dart. "No!" Dustin screamed.

"Mike!" I shouted.

I didn't want my brother to be in anymore pain than he was already. So, I used my powers to fling Dart off the table. Mike missed Dart by a hair anyways and my brother collided into Mike. I quickly wiped the blood off my nostril.

We watched Dart scurry away with a growl.

He hurried to the door, and the door opened. We saw Max at the door, and she looked down at her feet. "What the..." She said, letting Dart go.

"Oh, no!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, shit!" Dustin said, running out first.

We all collided into Max on the floor. "Where did he go?!" Lucas asked.

"What was that?" Max screamed.

"Dart!" Mike answered.

"What?" Max asked.

"You let him escape!" Mike said.

"Why did you attack him?!" Dustin screamed at Mike, and I pulled him back.